Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GregFerguson

Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:48 PM
It would be greatly useful to have a feature to print a Name Tent for our characters. I personally have 18+ Characters for Pathfinder Society and for personal home games.

Many of us use horribly written character tents, where Herolab could add the character picture, and the "vital" stats on the back for quick reference.

I have submitted a similar request via the Support@WL email address and opened up a conversation on the PFS facebook group.

Thank you for your consideration.

Greg F.
Orlando, FL
GregFerguson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Skarn

Old June 5th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a great idea for a custom output mod.
Skarn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
khaoz

Old June 30th, 2017, 06:09 PM
With my extremely limited knowledge, I'm planning to start this task =)

The first issue I encountered while figuring what I want is that the XSL by itself can't rotate text the we would need it for a Tent, since it needs to have the half upside down.

Second, what is the most important relevant information we would want from a character?

Front Side - Character Name, Player name, Class & level, Faction(maybe), Picture, anything missing?

Back Side - Ability Scores, AC, Init, Skills and Attacks?

Is there anything else you think is relevant for your side of the table tent?
khaoz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old June 30th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Hm, rotating the text. I think you have a couple options here.

First, you could generate HTML and rotate the text using CSS. I'm not sure how this would work. For instance, if I create three lines of text and then rotate them, do they appear as line 1/line 2/line 3 with each line rotated, or do they appear as line 3/line 2/line 1 with the entire block rotated? You'll need the latter. It would seem reasonable that if all three lines were inside a single <div> and the div had the CSS that rotated the text, they might rotate as a group, but I doubt it. You need something that rotates the div itself (the CSS for rotating text could be placed on a div and it would be inherited by the text nodes, but that's not the same thing).

HTML might be a pain and might not be implemented properly by all browsers anyway (mostly looking at IE/Edge). If you could count on SVG support, you could ensure it works because SVG is all about rotating shapes... Here's some CSS that rotates the text when given HTML such as:

Code:
<span class="rotate">Some string</span>
Code:
.rotate {
	    position: absolute;
	    transform-origin: 0 1em 0; /* */
	    -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg); /* Safari */
	    -moz-transform: rotate(90deg); /* Firefox */
	    -ms-transform: rotate(90deg); /* IE */
	    -o-transform: rotate(90deg); /* Opera */
	    /* filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3); /* Internet Explorer */
	}
Your second option would be XSL:FO. This is an extension of XSL that provides for producing output in PDF. XSL:FO should provide control over just about anything you can imagine! Here's a cheatsheet of the basic elements available, and here's a longer tutorial-style approach to learning XSL:FO. Obviously, Google can likely find many other resources.

Why does this forum put extra blank lines inside and at the end of my CODE blocks??
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lemming

Old November 13th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Any updates on this? It would be great to be able to produce table tents.
Lemming is offline   #5 Reply With Quote