Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

SAbel

Old December 28th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Just posting this over here as well does anyone know how to change the power cards headers so that Encounters are red topped instead of green with a red E.

See examples below
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 28th, 2016, 08:13 PM
files, helps if you read the text that tells me that they are to big to post the first time
Attached Images
File Type: png Funda-3.png (73.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Funda-4.png (48.3 KB, 5 views)
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old December 30th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Looks like its in the styles_output.aug file. I don't recognize the nomenclature well enough to tell you which part to change and how to get your result, though.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old January 1st, 2017, 09:00 AM
Lol at least you found that part I will start poking around and see what I can (not break) and fix it
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DracusMage

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM
styles_output.aug is where the color and code name for that format are specified.
sheet_powercards.dat are where the actual power cards are encoded (using the style codes from the styles_output.aug file).

The problem is that they are both correct. The styles document gives the hex value for red for the encounter code name, same as the at-will gives green. The powercards design document specifies that encounter powers should use the encounter style, and at-will powers should use the at-will style. Of note is that daily powers do not have a specified style, they just use the default.

In trying to fix this and make items gold I've added a new style to the aug file, and added new code to test for powers stemming from magic items. They both work fine, but the bars remain stubbornly At-Will colored. More interestingly if you change the style of the At-Will names in the .dat file, it changes the style of the other cards as well.

If the At-Will color code in the powercard file are commented out, they go grey but the encounter powers get their red bar back.

I know it worked correctly in 2014/12 when I last printed character sheets, and I rolled back my data files slowly trying to see where the titles broke, but I've since made it all the way back to my 2014 data files, with the 2014 profile, and they still generate with the correct [letter] style, but the At-Will [name] and [keywords] styles.

There are really only two different things on my side - my computer is running Windows 10 today while I ran 7 in 2014, and the Hero Lab program version. I don't have a backup of older versions of the HL installer, so the only thing I can test is the Windows version theory. I'll try to do that soon, but if anyone running Windows 7 or Mac could generate a character sheet with an encounter power on it to see if one of those makes the bar correct, that would save me some time. It doesn't really matter because I can't do much about Windows or the way HL is hard-coded, but I'd still like to know which part went wrong.

I'm thinking it's a problem with how it's handling the if/else/elseif logic. I'm not sure whats making it execute differently, and it's too late for me to think about that right now. Maybe I'll try rewriting it as a long and ugly nested if-else-endif chain instead of the elseif chain tomorrow.
DracusMage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DracusMage

Old February 18th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Good news/bad news. The data files are correct, and are formatted correctly. Bad news, rewriting the script to nest the formatting conditionals doesn't help.

Running Hero Lab v8.0c on a Windows 7 system causes the same errors as on Windows 10. At this point the only thing I can't test is a previous version of Hero Lab. I can say with certainty that these exact configuration files worked correctly at around version 6.1 in December 2014.

Clearly the issue is caused by some program change between 6.1 and mid to late April or early May of 2015 (what version? Who knows! The blog/newsletter/google+ feed doesn't mention a new version for HL until long after mid/late May of 2015 when we have our first report of the issue; they stopped posting a change log almost a decade ago. Additionally they don't have older versions of the program available, so it doesn't matter particularly anyway.)

Fixing it from this side of the program is probably days of trial and error with absolutely no guarantee of success and little or no hint that we are getting closer or farther from a solution. Doubly so without any change logs for the program. I'll try reaching out to HL support, but I'm going to guess they care almost nothing about fixing a problem that only affects a single superseded game's system. Plus from the state of the documentation (2009 was the last change log update) they are pretty clearly understaffed.

For fun though, if you look at the cards in the "landscape" version, you get a different color formatting than the "profile" version. Hilariously, "landscape" means you get cards that are in profile, and vise versa. The only difference between them is the dimensions of the card - they all use the same bar formatting code. Strange, huh?
DracusMage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Karandor

Old June 13th, 2020, 10:09 AM
This is an old problem but if anyone is still having this issue I fixed it by changing the text colour. The text compiler seems to link the styles to the text colour for some reason. You can easily use 3 different variations of white and everything will look fine.
Karandor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote