Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

McTaff

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I have noticed that Journal entries don't print out. Is this possible? I am one of the few people out there that actually fill that in

Is there provision to really move around the elements of the page (particularly the first page?) I use full-person portraits sometimes and they either are skinny and tiny, or end up being a face-only.

Lastly, can we have the option of printing a full spellbook with a large-ish box next to each spell so we can pencil-and-paper track it as a resource?
Obviously bard, oracles and saucepots can track their with a "Per Day" tracker but those memorisation clods (like clerics and wizpots) have to do that in advance.

I've been using this sheet for years, and I'm amazed at how good its been. Obviously it's a little limited due to the nature of what it has to work with, but I'm quite pleased with it. Thanks AnOne.
McTaff is offline   #231 Reply With Quote
TheProgramer

Old August 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I would like to see attack value for weapons weildd with two-hands added.
And I would like to see Touch Attack and Ranged Touch Attack added.

This is a great add-on, keep up the good work it is appreciated.
TheProgramer is offline   #232 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 25th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
Is there provision to really move around the elements of the page (particularly the first page?) I use full-person portraits sometimes and they either are skinny and tiny, or end up being a face-only.
If you enable "On-Sheet Controls" in the sheet control panel, you can move elements around. However, this may not do exactly what you want in this case (I assume you're wanting to make the picture bigger?)

If you try to drag the picture itself, you'll only end up sliding it around in its frame. However, you can click another section (like Skills) and drag it above the portrait, effectively moving the portrait below skills.

The problem is, this won't actually make the portrait any bigger -- even if there is extra space below it, the portrait "frame" is currently limited to a specific size. You can resize the portrait to fit the height or width of the frame, but you can't resize the frame itself.

I can look into adding that for a future version though.
AncientOne is offline   #233 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 25th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Version 4.11 has been released... see the opening post of this thread for more info.
AncientOne is offline   #234 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old August 26th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
If you enable "On-Sheet Controls" in the sheet control panel, you can move elements around. However, this may not do exactly what you want in this case (I assume you're wanting to make the picture bigger?)

If you try to drag the picture itself, you'll only end up sliding it around in its frame. However, you can click another section (like Skills) and drag it above the portrait, effectively moving the portrait below skills.

The problem is, this won't actually make the portrait any bigger -- even if there is extra space below it, the portrait "frame" is currently limited to a specific size. You can resize the portrait to fit the height or width of the frame, but you can't resize the frame itself.

I can look into adding that for a future version though.
Yep, that's exactly what I mean

Any ideas on the other stuff? (Spellbook / Journal?)
McTaff is offline   #235 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
Any ideas on the other stuff? (Spellbook / Journal?)
Those items aren't supported in the current version, but I can put those on my list to look into for a future version... there's no technical reason why they couldn't be done.

(Just to set expectations: I've started working on v5.0 of the sheet... at this point, v4.x is going into "maintenance mode", meaning that I won't be making further updates to it unless some critical problem comes up before I get 5.0 done.)
AncientOne is offline   #236 Reply With Quote
Daengren

Old August 26th, 2014, 02:20 PM
After loading up HL, I got a notification that AncientOne's Pathfinder Sheet (v4.11) is available to download. So I did and now every time I go back into HL, it tells me that it is still an available update. If I try to download it again, it tells me I have already downloaded it? Any reason why the "Available Update" message is not going away?
Daengren is offline   #237 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daengren View Post
After loading up HL, I got a notification that AncientOne's Pathfinder Sheet (v4.11) is available to download. So I did and now every time I go back into HL, it tells me that it is still an available update. If I try to download it again, it tells me I have already downloaded it? Any reason why the "Available Update" message is not going away?
If this is happening for others. Then the issue is that in the .hl file the version number was not updated to 4.11 and is still 4.10. That is the only reason I can think of that this is happening.

So what happens is the updates.xml see 4.11 which is a new version. You download but the .hl file is listed at v4.10. So after the install HL sees it has 4.10 and new version 4.11 is available for download. Rinse and repeat.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #238 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If this is happening for others. Then the issue is that in the .hl file the version number was not updated to 4.11 and is still 4.10. That is the only reason I can think of that this is happening.
That was a good thought, but (unfortunately) that's not it... the output.xml and the Lone Wolf site that I use to publish the update both say 4.11.

Daengren, I might suggest that you manually delete the Hero Lab\customoutput\pathfinder\rt_complete folder and then use the Hero Lab update mechanism to download it again... Maybe something on your local copy is corrupt?
AncientOne is offline   #239 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old August 28th, 2014, 03:49 AM
I briefly had the version issue - it fixedededed itself though.

@A1: Thanks for the reply. Is the 5.0 building already on what you have, or is it a new brand spanking ground-up version? (Good grief - How long would that take?!?!?)

As for the portraits, to make it simple first up, I'd suggest three options for now:
Default position
Double width
Double height

The idea being that if you are using a head portrait, the default is fine. If you have a full-length person(ish), then the the double height would be perfect. If you for some reason have your character with an important landscape behind them, then the double width would be the option to use.
Obviously how the changing window size interacts with the rest of the page is well beyond my ken...

Last edited by McTaff; August 29th, 2014 at 12:24 AM.
McTaff is offline   #240 Reply With Quote