Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MNBlockHead

Old February 7th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Ruhar, I think you are correct in that GM preferences need to be weighted more heavily than player preferences, but I think that what I'm learning from these discussions is that GMs using pre-created material far outnumber those of us who create our own worlds.

I bought RW because it was the best option for creating and managing content on my world. Apparently, most GM users would prefer to enter in pre-created content and, therefore, it appears custom calendars just isn't as high up their list of feature-requests as it is mine.

That said, so many pre-created campaigns and modules use custom calendars that I would think it would be more of a hassle for those GMs to not have the ability to create custom calendars. After all, as I am building my own world, I can just say to hell with it and use Gregorian if my custom calendars become too much of a hassle.

In any event, at this time they've made their choice and the best thing is for them to execute on it. At this point I've accepted that custom calendars are not on the table. For some that may be a deal-breaker, but LWD has determined that it is a relatively small number and accepted that risk. For me, calendars are the only additional feature I care about, BUT RW w/o calendars is still much better for me than not using RW at all.

What was difficult was knowing that calendars were tantalizingly close. They they were a real possibility and that was exciting. It would have greatly improved my experience with the product. It is actually easier now that I know that it is just not a feature and not even a soon-to-be released feature.

The argument is over. Can you make custom calendars? No. Will you be able to? No. Time to focus on other things. This horse is dead.
MNBlockHead is offline   #22 Reply With Quote