Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tarrien

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Do you have plans to expose the items in a container (backpack, belt pouch, etc.) so custom sheets can display the items in the correct location rather than just the weight and item count for each container with everything showing as No Container?
Tarrien is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Yes, this is something on our to-do list. There are a number of improvements we want to make to custom output, and this is one of them.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Which game system's folder do I move this thread into?
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
This is a general thing, so it's suitable for this forum. If we do this it'll be common to all game systems with custom output.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old August 11th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Pathfinder Society now requires an Inventory Tracking Sheet (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q18q?Th...Tracking-Sheet for the forum thread on it).

It may be generally useful system wide if we can have our inventory tracked on Journal entries, as a general system feature. So when I buy my Handy Haversack for 2k, or use a Prestige Point for a wand of Cure Light Wounds, I can select from an existing journal entry and a link is made. When I print my journal list, it shows what inventory I bought/ consumed/ used, or when I print the gear list by container, the list could give me what journal sheet it is tied to, if any.

Hero Labs has been FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC on letting me focus on the game, not on "bean counting" for making sure my character sheet is accurate and valid. Having inventory printed by container/ location would be VERY happy, even if we have to use Custom prints to do it. If we can get the Journal Entry links, even better.

If doing "Journal Entry" links is too much work, adding a "Notes" entry on an item within inventory would at least be a start. I may not be able to print out my grocery list with a journal print-out, but it would allow for a custom print sheet to produce something like the Pathfinder Society ITS. I'm quite certain other game systems would have a use for that new feature.
Romaq is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old September 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Allow me to "ditto" this - since we are in a whole new realm of bookkeeping in PFS and HL has dutifully kept up with most of them, I'd like to be able to keep everything in my HL char sheets and printouts.

Thanks again for all you guys do - what a great program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaq View Post
Pathfinder Society now requires an Inventory Tracking Sheet (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q18q?Th...Tracking-Sheet for the forum thread on it).

It may be generally useful system wide if we can have our inventory tracked on Journal entries, as a general system feature. So when I buy my Handy Haversack for 2k, or use a Prestige Point for a wand of Cure Light Wounds, I can select from an existing journal entry and a link is made. When I print my journal list, it shows what inventory I bought/ consumed/ used, or when I print the gear list by container, the list could give me what journal sheet it is tied to, if any.

Hero Labs has been FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC on letting me focus on the game, not on "bean counting" for making sure my character sheet is accurate and valid. Having inventory printed by container/ location would be VERY happy, even if we have to use Custom prints to do it. If we can get the Journal Entry links, even better.

If doing "Journal Entry" links is too much work, adding a "Notes" entry on an item within inventory would at least be a start. I may not be able to print out my grocery list with a journal print-out, but it would allow for a custom print sheet to produce something like the Pathfinder Society ITS. I'm quite certain other game systems would have a use for that new feature.
duhtroll is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tarrien

Old May 11th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi Guys, it's been a year since I posted this. Any idea when you might get around to doing it?
Tarrien is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old December 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Really want to put a vote in for this feature. Can this PLEASE be implelemted in the custom output? I'm thinking any 'container' item needs to have a <containerid> tag, and then each item can have a <incontainer> tag that matches the id. This will allow presentation of inventory in a tree, as it should be. :-)

or, just export the index and holder properties already in the portfolio's xml...

please please PLEASE?

Last edited by Fuzzy; December 8th, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ted11

Old June 17th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Just been looking into Haversack for just this reason and stumbled on this thread. Agree it would be great to break output down by container--HL already has all this stuff assigned by container and does all the math, would think it would be easy to just adjust the output by container.

Separate issue--just as it does a great job of keeping track of the encumbrance bookeeping, it also handles item value/wealth well. Would be cool if somewhere there was a net worth/value summary, so I could see at a glance how much a PC has (perhaps mouseover to see value in magic items, regular gear, and cash if you want to get fancy). Often good to get a rough gauge for relative PC strength compared to the rest of the party, see how they are re the DMG table for average character wealth, etc.
ted11 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 18th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted11 View Post
Separate issue--just as it does a great job of keeping track of the encumbrance bookeeping, it also handles item value/wealth well. Would be cool if somewhere there was a net worth/value summary, so I could see at a glance how much a PC has (perhaps mouseover to see value in magic items, regular gear, and cash if you want to get fancy). Often good to get a rough gauge for relative PC strength compared to the rest of the party, see how they are re the DMG table for average character wealth, etc.
Hover over the "Gear Value" at the top of the character. It will break down the gear value into individual types of kit.

(Oops, this is for Pathfinder - I don't know about the other game systems.)

Last edited by Farling; June 18th, 2016 at 12:32 AM.
Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote