Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

ErikVegas

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know when the data files with these two upgrades will be complete? My hands are cramping from writing out army lists.

Erik
ErikVegas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Madwilly

Old April 30th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I too am interested if anybody is working on this!
Madwilly is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old May 10th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Give them time, they are volunteers so have work and family lives to get in the way. It will be done when it's done. Use Battlescribe for now; better than pen and paper if not as good as AB.
jboweruk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
coldhoodie

Old May 16th, 2014, 06:42 AM
OK, how do I sign on to get this completed? Excel spreadsheets and paper are pissing me off
coldhoodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:56 AM
I don't know... I'll bet they're relaxing right now waiting to see what the 7th ed rulebook has in it on Saturday. There's probably going to be a ton of changes to adjust everything that references pages in the main rulebook to push out as well.

Of course those page numbers aren't awesome for me.... I buy the mobi format of the rulebooks... not the paper one... so page 71 is not the same thing for me... if I'm reading portrait or landscape at the time... lol

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 24th, 2014, 04:21 AM
I can give you all an update on MT and AM. They are in progress, with our new maintainer!!! As soon as the coding is complete I will Test quickly and get this to you all as soon as humanly possible.

On a side note about 7th, It will be addressed with due diligence in time.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
coldhoodie

Old June 1st, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update fyrebyrd, I'm looking forward to it!!
coldhoodie is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rendus

Old June 14th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Any ETA on this?
rendus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
hastybear

Old June 14th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I appreciate the concept of due diligence and I appreciate the fact that the the data monkeys are volunteers. I also appreciate the fact that they are doing something I do not have the skills to do (I looked, I didn't get past the first explanatory note on how to create a codex file thingy).

My concern is that Wolfair doesn't seem to have any oversight on this at all. Otherwise where are the messages explain the delay? An apology? Nope.

Oh look! A WFRPs wood elves update! hold on, didn't that come out AFTER Astra Militarum? I wonder how long the Ork update will take? As long?

Yes I KNOW they are volunteers! And all working on different systems. But you know what? I'm a paying customer. I can't help thinking that should come first when it comes to Wolfairs 'due diligence'.
hastybear is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old June 15th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastybear View Post
I appreciate the concept of due diligence and I appreciate the fact that the the data monkeys are volunteers. I also appreciate the fact that they are doing something I do not have the skills to do (I looked, I didn't get past the first explanatory note on how to create a codex file thingy).

My concern is that Wolfair doesn't seem to have any oversight on this at all. Otherwise where are the messages explain the delay? An apology? Nope.

Oh look! A WFRPs wood elves update! hold on, didn't that come out AFTER Astra Militarum? I wonder how long the Ork update will take? As long?

Yes I KNOW they are volunteers! And all working on different systems. But you know what? I'm a paying customer. I can't help thinking that should come first when it comes to Wolfairs 'due diligence'.
OK. Maybe its time for some re-education.

First: Wolflair has NO input on the datafiles AT ALL. They cant. They would be sued by Games Workshop and other companies. I know this because it has in fact been tried on several occasions by GW. Wolflair is not sue-able because they DO NOT work on the files and have ultimately no say in the files being created.

Second: It really is irrelevant what other datafiles gets updates versus when 40k gets updates. They people working on these projects are different, the file complexity is substantially different, and the timelines to complete work are different.

Third: As you indicated, the people working on this are volunteers. They means, unpaid, do it in my spare time, when I want to, if I want to. You are always more than welcome to open up the ABCreator app and dive in to make the updates you feel necessary. Oh wait, that is right, you said you tried and discovered that the skill set is higher than you anticipated. If that is the case, you will just have to accept that the files will be done, sometime in the future. Going online here and complaining isn't making it occur any faster because now we waste time re-explaining these same key points to you and others regularly.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote