Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Arijharn

Old April 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
G'day fellow Warhammer devotee's, I have found what I think to be not necessarily a 'bug' but an oversight and it is (drumroll please): Vampire Counts and the magic item choices. What is the oversight? Namely that Army Builder offers to much choice.

According to the current Army list; the only common items the vampire counts are allowed to use are as follows (using the rules as they appear in the Warhammer rulebook, but at the points listed in the Army book. src: Vampire Counts Errata v1.3 located on the GW website).

Sword of Striking (15pts)
Sword of Battle (15pts)
Sword of Might (15pts)
Biting Blade (5pts)
Enchanted Shield (15pts)
Talisman of Protection (15pts)
Staff of Sorcery (35pts)
Dispel Scroll (25pts)
Power Stone (20pts)
War Banner(25pts)

I'm pretty sure all the magic items have been updated anyway, but my point being is that I'm pretty sure that unfortunately no one can wear the Armour of Destiny (:'() or use that 4+ Ward Save talisman (Preservation?).

EDIT: The entry for Count Mannfred (Lords choice) does not include an option for a Barded Nightmare at a cost of 20pts

Last edited by Arijharn; April 24th, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Count Mannfred...
Arijharn is offline   #61
gkgnight

Old April 24th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
G'day fellow Warhammer devotee's, I have found what I think to be not necessarily a 'bug' but an oversight and it is (drumroll please): Vampire Counts and the magic item choices. What is the oversight? Namely that Army Builder offers to much choice.

According to the current Army list; the only common items the vampire counts are allowed to use are as follows (using the rules as they appear in the Warhammer rulebook, but at the points listed in the Army book. src: Vampire Counts Errata v1.3 located on the GW website).

Sword of Striking (15pts)
Sword of Battle (15pts)
Sword of Might (15pts)
Biting Blade (5pts)
Enchanted Shield (15pts)
Talisman of Protection (15pts)
Staff of Sorcery (35pts)
Dispel Scroll (25pts)
Power Stone (20pts)
War Banner(25pts)

I'm pretty sure all the magic items have been updated anyway, but my point being is that I'm pretty sure that unfortunately no one can wear the Armour of Destiny (:'() or use that 4+ Ward Save talisman (Preservation?).

EDIT: The entry for Count Mannfred (Lords choice) does not include an option for a Barded Nightmare at a cost of 20pts
The restriction limitig vampire counts to those items doesn't exist. The army book for VC lists common magic items but doesn't restrict you to only those items. Whereas other armybook specifically state that all other items are excluded there is no such referance in teh VC army book. Thus they can choose from all teh common items so long they follow all the normal rules.

But you are correct with them using the points from their armybook adn the rules from the main rulebook for the duplicate items. But this has already been adressed for the VC items. However it does state that only VC units can use items from artifacts of death.. i.e. a high elf army couldn't use the vampire sword of "blood drinker" but that's the reverse of what you're trying to say -and probally where the confusion lies.
gkgnight is offline   #62
Arijharn

Old April 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgnight View Post
But you are correct with them using the points from their armybook adn the rules from the main rulebook for the duplicate items. But this has already been adressed for the VC items. However it does state that only VC units can use items from artifacts of death.. i.e. a high elf army couldn't use the vampire sword of "blood drinker" but that's the reverse of what you're trying to say -and probally where the confusion lies.
I don't have confusion with this part of the rules, just with the common magic items already listed, in which case if you're correct, then the interpretation must be: "these common items are available at a modified points cost", which may be correct because obviously this edition of the rulebook is not the same as when the Vampire Count's army book came out (for example; Staff of Sorcery is listed as 35points which is the same listing as for the Errata for the Warhammer rulebook)

I sent off an email to GW's Hobby Service anyway (before you posted) so hopefully I'm just having a massive brain fart seizure.
Arijharn is offline   #63
Chaos Supreme

Old April 25th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Chaos Knights taking Banner of Rage, does not adjust number of attacks.
Chaos Supreme is offline   #64
Arijharn

Old April 26th, 2011, 03:17 AM
double post ignore in favour for below.

Last edited by Arijharn; April 26th, 2011 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Double post.
Arijharn is offline   #65
Arijharn

Old April 26th, 2011, 03:23 AM
In the skaven army list, it's my understanding that the Warlock-Augmented Weapon follows the usual rules in regards to being a unique magic weapon unless it's being wielded by a Warlock Engineer, in which case any number of Engineer's can have their own version of it. Currently in the army list any number of Chieftain's/Warlord's can wield it.

Weeping Blade has this same problem in that you can give it to multiple Assassin's (believe me; I like this problem), in which case it's wrong as only multiple Deathrunners in your army can choose it (although obviously only 1 per Deathrunner)

Also; if you include two+ Vermin Lord's, you'll get an error for Duplicate Magic Items.

Last edited by Arijharn; April 26th, 2011 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Weeping Blade
Arijharn is offline   #66
Glonojad

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hello,

Two bugs to report, both concerning Bretonnia:

1) The Lance of Artois reports as an illegal choice for a Lord mounted on a Pegasus or Hippogryph (sp?) - the problem doesn't seem to exist if mount him on a Warhorse or take a pegasus-mounted Paladin instead.

2) The Virtue of the Ideal gives +2WS, +1I, +1A - the stats are adjusted correctly, yet the description (mis)informs of a +2 I bonus.
Glonojad is offline   #67
Yobtar

Old April 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
In the skaven army list, it's my understanding that the Warlock-Augmented Weapon follows the usual rules in regards to being a unique magic weapon unless it's being wielded by a Warlock Engineer, in which case any number of Engineer's can have their own version of it. Currently in the army list any number of Chieftain's/Warlord's can wield it.

Weeping Blade has this same problem in that you can give it to multiple Assassin's (believe me; I like this problem), in which case it's wrong as only multiple Deathrunners in your army can choose it (although obviously only 1 per Deathrunner)

Also; if you include two+ Vermin Lord's, you'll get an error for Duplicate Magic Items.
Let me check as to what happened with the WAWs and the Weeping Blades. They were working correctly before but now seem to have been broken by an update if this problem is occuring.

As far as the Verminlord Duplicate Magic Item error, that is correct. Due to the fact that you cannot run duplicates of magic items you basically can only field one Verminlord as it's Doom Glaive is a magic item.

Edit: I cannot replicate the multiple Warlock Augmented Weapons issue or the Weeping Blade issue. When I choose multiple chieftains/warlords and give them all a WAW I get the DUPLICATE MAGIC ITEM error. The same goes for Assassins and Weeping Blades, select more than one assassin and give them all weeping blades and I get the DUPLICATE MAGIC ITEM error. The Warlock Engineers and Death Runners are working correctly.
What version are you running? I am using AB 3.3b and data file version 2.27

Last edited by Yobtar; April 26th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #68
wobblefoot

Old April 27th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Hello,
I'm new to army builder and this forum so forgive me if I post this in the wrong place.
I found a bug in the Dwarf Army list. It has Slayers as having a minimum unit size of 10 when it should be 5. Anyone else notice this?
wobblefoot is offline   #69
mattmcd31

Send a message via Yahoo to mattmcd31

Old April 27th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Ver 2.27 is still giving a warning about too many duplicate Rares if you take an Arachnarok as a mount for a Goblin Great Shaman and 2 Arachnarok. I'm sure this is a mistake as it states on Pg 100 in the O&G book that Goblin Great Shaman mount Arachnarok mounts are only counted as Lord points not Rare. So I'm pretty sure they don't count against duplicates either.
mattmcd31 is offline   #70
Closed Thread