Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Merion

Old October 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that LWD basically advertises an adventure in its newsletter that provides Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 files but not Realm Works?
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 4th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Kobold Press and LWD work together quite a lot. Hero Lab already has quite a bit of their content and we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon. Just a case of maintaining a healthy relationship until they too can sell the content.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old October 5th, 2018, 12:45 AM
Realm Works is special.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old October 5th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon.
LOL. We have redefined "soon" a few dozen times around here.
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 5th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
LOL. We have redefined "soon" a few dozen times around here.
Maybe repurposed, rather than redefined? :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old October 7th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Kobold Press and LWD work together quite a lot. Hero Lab already has quite a bit of their content and we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon. Just a case of maintaining a healthy relationship until they too can sell the content.
Hmm... 'kay, I can understand wanting to stay on the good side of a company you work with. Still, if they are on good terms with Kobold Press, they should urge them to also publish RW files for their stuff. Especially on Kickstarter. Make it the last and most expensive stretch goal, if you must, but have it in there.
Merion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 7th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Do you think LWD are in any position to urge anyone to do anything with RW? They lost their strength in this market years ago and now need to deliver on the market in order to show potential partners that they can actually deliver their content. The previous content providers who promised RW content via Kickstarter have so far been unable to deliver on their promises as a result of the LWD delays.

No they are not in any position. All they can do is maintain relationships at this stage and throwing out some advertising is one way they can do that. Given Kobold Presses recent 'test' to see if they can reduce the mediums they support I would say LWD need to kick it up a gear. I'd wager a guess KP are trying to get in bed with DnDB. LWD are at risk of KP not needing them if that happens.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 7th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Whether KP needs LWD or not, I'd still see them benefiting from the relationship. LWD is an extra source of customers through referrals and shared advertisements such as the newsletter.
It doesn't really cost KP anything, even if they end up with another partnership also boosting their sales.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old October 8th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Do you think LWD are in any position to urge anyone to do anything with RW? They lost their strength in this market years ago and now need to deliver on the market in order to show potential partners that they can actually deliver their content. The previous content providers who promised RW content via Kickstarter have so far been unable to deliver on their promises as a result of the LWD delays.

No they are not in any position. All they can do is maintain relationships at this stage and throwing out some advertising is one way they can do that. Given Kobold Presses recent 'test' to see if they can reduce the mediums they support I would say LWD need to kick it up a gear. I'd wager a guess KP are trying to get in bed with DnDB. LWD are at risk of KP not needing them if that happens.
Maybe urge was to strong a word (english isn't my first language, so please be so kind to cut me some slack in that regard). Maybe ask, suggest, encourage or beg would have been more appropriate. But I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Whether KP needs LWD or not, I'd still see them benefiting from the relationship. LWD is an extra source of customers through referrals and shared advertisements such as the newsletter.
It doesn't really cost KP anything, even if they end up with another partnership also boosting their sales.
I'm not so sure about the "doesn't cost them anything" part - who bears the cost for entering the data into RW? KP or LWD? Is it shared? Do we even know?
Merion is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 8th, 2018, 01:19 PM
There are different ways it happens. In some cases LWD manage the data entry and use their own team of people. In other cases the content owners seek out their own people to do the data entry and then provide the content to LWD to sell.

KP tend to fall into the first category.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote