Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Graeme27uk

Old August 10th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Is there the option of creating gestalt characters using Herolab?
Graeme27uk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:49 AM
The best way I've come up with is to create a new character class using the editor, and incorporate the appropriate things from the two different classes.

It's a bit of effort but has worked great for me so far. However, I house-rule Gestalt characters so that only the original two classes can 'Gestalt.' If the player wants to multiclass the new class can't be combined with another.

You could still do it, but you could easily end up making a huge number of new classes.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Katt De Grey

Old August 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Just got HL and am going to use it for a PF Gestalt PC.
This waas just the info I needed and can't believe it was here so easy to find!
Thank you.
Katt De Grey is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
NP - one of the very few things I've actually managed to be answering rather than asking
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
poilbrun

Old August 21st, 2010, 03:32 AM
Is there a way to add two spellcasting classes this way? I'd like to create a Ranger/Cleric, but I don't see how to add the ranger spellcasting abilities...
poilbrun is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm afraid that isn't possible. The Pathfinder files don't currently support multiple spellcasting options per class.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poilbrun View Post
Is there a way to add two spellcasting classes this way? I'd like to create a Ranger/Cleric, but I don't see how to add the ranger spellcasting abilities...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid that isn't possible. The Pathfinder files don't currently support multiple spellcasting options per class.
Yep - that's the biggest problem I've been running into as well. Which really puts a damper on my Gestalt campaign building, as I've got a Cleric/Ranger and a Paladin/Sorcerer playing.

Any chance of this option getting written in? Note that I'm NOT a programmer, so I have no idea how difficult what I'm asking would be . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
It would mean re-writing all the spellcasting capabilities of classes. At that point, properly implementing Gestalt is easier, and I don't know when I'll have the time for that.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jae

Old October 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM
What about creating a wordcaster gestalt character?

I went about creating a oracle/monk gestalt who uses wordcasting. By merging the classes, I've succeeded in creating the base Oracle-Monk Gestalt class. Wordcasting (along with some other Archetypes I wanted to implement) are class specific, so I've also had to copy each architype and modify it to work for my new class.

I have three characters created: the Gestalt character I intend to use, a Test-Monk, and a Test-Oracle. The tests- are to determine by comparison if all the options and features of my Gestalt are present and accounted for.

So far, the only issue I'm running into is that the Meta Words are not showing up as options to put into my spell list. When choosing Effect spells for my Oracle-Test, I get a list of options consisting of both the Effect words and Meta words, but I get only Effect words in my Gestalt character.

Searching through the editor, I find no option to edit or create Meta words to include my new Wordcaster Oracle-Monk architype, which I'm assuming is the issue at hand. Any suggestions?
Jae is offline   #9 Reply With Quote