Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EldritchWeaver

Old May 17th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I've been looking into creating an archetype for a non-PoW class, so that class has access to disciplines and maneuvers. In the editor I see some PoW related entries under the zCommunity tab, but it seems either something missing or I can't see what I'm supposed to do next. Any pointers, please?

Last edited by EldritchWeaver; May 17th, 2016 at 03:50 PM.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2016, 03:58 PM
In a nut shell any "PoW" class has three pieces:
1) The class itself (Classes->Class). Which normally for spells or psionics you can fill in that information on the "Class" tab in the editor. I can't change existing editor tabs so this is not possible.

2) The "Configurable" (General->Configurable) which you should do a New (Copy) from an existing PoW class to make sure its setup correctly and calls all the correct procedures. This allows the Maneuvers Tab to display in HL. You must manually bootstrap this to your Class.

3) The "PoW Maneuver List" (zCommunity->PoW Class Setup) which allows you to A) Link the Class to the Configurable and B) To easily setup the levels the class gains Maneuvers and Stances. This is then manually bootstrapped to the Configurable.

Those three things work together to create a class or PrC that can have maneuvers. Be sure to highlight the "?" in the editor when working with the zCommunity stuff as I tried my best to put in "Help" text to help people understand what the stuff does.

I am sorry this stuff is broken out in separate Pieces but I can't as nicely integrate into existing LW logic for Editor Tabs. Meaning some stuff will always be "separate" pieces linked together.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 18th, 2016, 01:30 PM
It helped a lot. Still I just don't get the actual archetype to show up in the menu, where I choose the archetype for the class. I've attached my file, maybe you see what I've done wrong there.

The archetype is called Warshifter for the Shifter class (from Spheres of Power).

Edit: As it seems that other people download my file as well, I've updated it with a working version. Though no guarantee that this or the rest works as it should (actually, some stuff is just a workaround), so consider yourself warned.
Attached Files
File Type: email SpheresOfPowerPersonalAdditions.user (27.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by EldritchWeaver; June 11th, 2016 at 06:05 AM.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 18th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I'm AFHL at the moment, but looking at your file I believe the problem is you have "show only" checked, which is what you do for "fake" archetypes that only act as section headers in the archetype picker. So actually your archetype is showing up, it just isn't selectable.

This is partly my fault, as I really should have added header archetypes to the classes in the core package. I'll put that on my to-do list for version 1.4.
TheIronGolem is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 18th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
I'm AFHL at the moment, but looking at your file I believe the problem is you have "show only" checked, which is what you do for "fake" archetypes that only act as section headers in the archetype picker. So actually your archetype is showing up, it just isn't selectable.
That totally would cause an issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 18th, 2016, 11:17 PM
I've removed it, but neither the class Shifter nor archetype Warshifter show up in the menu still.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 20th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Opps... I forgot about this. I will try and take a look tonight. I wish there was a way to "Flag" a thread to review later. I gets marked as read and often falls down the page.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 29th, 2016, 04:46 PM
EldritchWeaver, I've just posted the 1.4 update to SoP, which includes the header archetypes. Once you've updated, I suspect your archetype will show up (assuming you've left the "show only" off).

I hadn't known this until today, but it turns out that a header archetype doesn't display unless there is at least one non-header archetype for the same class in the display list. That would explain a lot of the issue here.
TheIronGolem is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:19 PM
I can see now the Warshifter in the archetype menu, but for some reason I can't see the Warshifter Maneuvers tab.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
I can see now the Warshifter in the archetype menu, but for some reason I can't see the Warshifter Maneuvers tab.
Sorry I let this fall off my radar. You did nearly everything right, you just need to bootstrap the configurable (cCfgSoPWSh) to the archetype.
TheIronGolem is offline   #10 Reply With Quote