Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddJoe View Post
  1. Made an Orc Fighter
  2. Took the Weapon Group: Axe
  3. Took the Weapon Focus: Orc Double Axe feat
  4. Added a +1 Double Sided Orc Axe to my gear

Got a validation error that says "Weapon Focus taken without Weapon Proficiency for +1 Axe, Orc Double"

Should treat Orc Axe as a martial weapon, and not give a validation error.

Thanks!
Curious... I attempted to duplicate this, and didn't get the validation error you did. But I dug into the Orc race, and I didn't find anywhere that the Orc Double Axe was made into a martial weapon. I don't have the Bestiary or Advanced Player's Guide data sets though; it might be different in there.
FifthWanderer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
But I dug into the Orc race, and I didn't find anywhere that the Orc Double Axe was made into a martial weapon.
That's because it is on the Weapon itself and not part of the race. Which works really well as then when I add a new Orc weapon I don't have to modify the race just set the Easy if Race... option to make it work for Half-orcs or what ever race I want.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old September 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I am still seeing the a problem with Urban Ranger class skills not being set completely even though it is listed as fixed in this version. Handle Animal is still a class skill for urban ranger and disable device is not. It does appear to be properly switching Knowledge (nature) to Knowledge (local).

Recreate:
Created a new ranger.
Handle animal and Knowledge (Nature) are class skills and Disable Device and Knowledge (local) are not class skills.
Add Urban ranger archetype.
Knowledge (local) is added as class skill and Knowledge (nature) is removed.
However Handle Animal remains a class skill and disable device is still not a class skill.
ValaraukarU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old September 20th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That's because it is on the Weapon itself and not part of the race. Which works really well as then when I add a new Orc weapon I don't have to modify the race just set the Easy if Race... option to make it work for Half-orcs or what ever race I want.
Ah, I didn't think to look there. Okay, I see it now. Thanks. Curiously, half-orcs treat the orc double axe as a martial weapon, but orcs don't. But that's a Pathfinder thing, not a HL thing.
FifthWanderer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick McKee View Post
Characters with the Half-fiend or Half-celestial templates, shouldn't their Fly speed show in the stats?

It allows to choose flying-related feats and Fly becomes a Class skill but I can't get it to show the Fly speed, am I missing something?
It is listed on the Special tab, right?

I haven't set up the various other movements (Fly, Swim, Climb, etc.) to display on the Basics Summary tab yet.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I posted this in the older bug thread and wasn't sure if you wanted me to re-post it here since it's a bug that's happened since the update.

I have a character with a +1 Keen Sawtooth Sabre. It showed up fine before the update, since the update it gets the "must be slashing or piercing" validation error.
I apologize if I missed the previous posting of this - the Sawtooth Sabre isn't currently marked as having any damage type (no P, S, or B - it should be S), so I'll get that fixed for the next update.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick McKee View Post
Under the Unholy Blight spell-like ability for the Half-Fiend Template, the description states Withers one plant or deals 1d6/level damage to plant creature.

It should read more in the line of Harms and sickens good creatures(1d8 damage/2 levels) ;-)
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddJoe View Post
  1. Made an Orc Fighter
  2. Took the Weapon Group: Axe
  3. Took the Weapon Focus: Orc Double Axe feat
  4. Added a +1 Double Sided Orc Axe to my gear
Got a validation error that says "Weapon Focus taken without Weapon Proficiency for +1 Axe, Orc Double"

Should treat Orc Axe as a martial weapon, and not give a validation error.

Thanks!
Quote:
Curious... I attempted to duplicate this, and didn't get the validation error you did. But I dug into the Orc race, and I didn't find anywhere that the Orc Double Axe was made into a martial weapon. I don't have the Bestiary or Advanced Player's Guide data sets though; it might be different in there.
Quote:
Ah, I didn't think to look there. Okay, I see it now. Thanks. Curiously, half-orcs treat the orc double axe as a martial weapon, but orcs don't. But that's a Pathfinder thing, not a HL thing.
Orcs should be getting the Orc Double Axe as an easy weapon - that'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting it.
Mathias is online now   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
I am still seeing the a problem with Urban Ranger class skills not being set completely even though it is listed as fixed in this version. Handle Animal is still a class skill for urban ranger and disable device is not. It does appear to be properly switching Knowledge (nature) to Knowledge (local).

Recreate:
Created a new ranger.
Handle animal and Knowledge (Nature) are class skills and Disable Device and Knowledge (local) are not class skills.
Add Urban ranger archetype.
Knowledge (local) is added as class skill and Knowledge (nature) is removed.
However Handle Animal remains a class skill and disable device is still not a class skill.
I apologize for not testing my fix throroughly enough - I hadn't gotten it right. I've fixed it for the next update, and made sure that everything was applied properly. Thanks for catching this.
Mathias is online now   #19 Reply With Quote
lothar_wolf

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I found some errors. The trait mathematical prodigy does not allow you to select knowledge arcana as a class skill. Also, the description of acrobatics does not show up in the skill section of the character sheet.
lothar_wolf is offline   #20 Reply With Quote