Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

seadog

Old August 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Do you plan on supporting WOD: Werewolf?
seadog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LordFlameStryke

Old August 31st, 2012, 03:12 PM
I second this, I was surprised to find out that I couldn't recreate my Werewolf character in HeroLab. That's stopping me from purchasing this system.
LordFlameStryke is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 31st, 2012, 03:47 PM
We don't currently have a license for WOD stuff other than what we have. With the turmoil over the last month and White Wolf being... whatever happened to them, who knows what the future holds? You might try rallying support with the new owners of the campaign, see if they are interested in working with us on future products.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old November 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
We don't currently have a license for WOD stuff other than what we have. With the turmoil over the last month and White Wolf being... whatever happened to them, who knows what the future holds? You might try rallying support with the new owners of the campaign, see if they are interested in working with us on future products.
I had an e-mail discussion with someone from there today about expanding the license. It went like this:

(me)
Good Hello! I'm writing to inquire if you there is anything that I as a fan of the New World of Darkness series can do to get you to allow Lone Wolf Development to license out the rest of the NWoD books and put them into their Hero Lab program. I use the current files on there heavily and would LOVE to see the rest supported on there.

Thanks in advance for any response from you guys/gals,

-Holden A.

(response)
We don’t currently have plans to expand Lone Wolf’s license, but we appreciate your enthusiasm and will keep it in mind as things change. Thank you!

Eddy Webb

Content Designer | Usually Not Dead

CCP, hf.

eddy@ccpgames.com

(me)
I'm very sad to hear that. Is there anyhting that could be done to convince you to expand their license, such as an online petition that gets so many signatures or such?

-Holden.

(response)
The limitations are not due to a lack of perceived interest, so petitions and the like will be of no use. Sorry for the inconvenience!

- Eddy

(me)
Just out of curiosity what are the limitations? Is it that the files would have to be made on your end and you don't have the staff? If it is something that is pretty much never going to happen I will look into working with others to make the files our selves for home use.

(response)
Unfortunately I am unable to discuss the details, but it is unlikely that we will be able to reconsider this situation in the short term. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience!

- Eddy

So it looks like it's not going to happen. If we make our own versions of files for nWoD files are we aloud to share them on this forum or will that get you guys in trouble?
HoldenA is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Well, sorry that didn't go how you hoped. I'm not far enough up the chain to know what the situation is, so I'll not comment.

I don't know if hosting them here on the forums would be the best place. There are ways to set up automatic updates through the HL program (I know there are community files for 3.5 that function that way), and there are a couple websites that host fan content. I'm not as familiar with the Werewolf stuff as I am with the Changeling material (since that is the only WoD system I played for any length of time), but I'd imagine there'd be some fairly hefty modding required. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
CCP just doesn't care, this is why another company is doing the books now, Black Onyx publishing. CCP only wanted White Wolf so they could do the MMO for Vampire and that was about the extent of their interest in the company. From what I know Black Onyx was a company formed from most of the writers from White Wolf that CCP fired when they bought the Wolf out.

It is a sad situation, but this is how the ball bounces.

Personally I'd love having an Exalted license, and to be able to code up characters in software that is reliable, but without that I just have no interest in running a game system that requires as much work as Exalted does, so the books just collect dust on my shelf now.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
organza
Banned

Old December 31st, 2013, 09:21 PM
I second this, I was surprised to find out that 1 I couldn't recreate my Werewolf
organza is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 27th, 2014, 04:01 AM
I just want to point as well that the license agreement LWD had was for the New World of Darkness systems, not old world of darkness. The Forsaken and Apocalypse have significant differences between them as well. Particularly in terms of Renown rewards, apocalypse would be more a project for the authoring kit if someone wanted to go there.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote