Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Rethlyr

Old August 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Howdy,

Got a level 5 Bladebound/Kensai magus with an 18 intelligence (+4).

Taking the level 5 to one-third for the archetype, the minimum for the starting pool is 1.

1 + 4 (intelligence bonus) = 5 minimum, but HeroLab shows a 4.

Am I missing something or is this in-fact a bug?

Thanks folks
Rethlyr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old August 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I know they have not added in the black blades into HL yet. Maybe that has something to do with it.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rethlyr

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Dropping Bladebound out of the equation causes the pool to rise up to 6, but I still think even with it I should see a 5 minimum. You always get a minimum of 1 point to your AP, plus 4 bonus = 5.
Rethlyr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old October 11th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Would it be possible to get a correction to the Arcane Pool feature? Or is there a way to manually adjust it? For months now I've been playing a Magus, and whether I apply the Bladebound archtype or not I have the incorrect Arcane Pool listed. The Black Blade I can create manually. I can't manually, as far as I can see, adjust the Arcane Pool.
Stormwarden is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
hawkwing2k5

Old October 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
My arcane pool is correct... check the archtypes your using they may have different fractions 1/2 vs 1/3. I know Im being simple in the reply but my toon at 2nd level has 7.
Based on 1/2 level ( 1 point) + int of 19 (4 points)+ extra arcane (2 points) = 7. I know it may not help but double check the Kensai arcana pool if it changes for what level you get pool points.
hawkwing2k5 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
The bladebound archtype arcane pool is incorrect from level 3 onward. There are several threads regarding the bug. I haven't had a chance to figure out why yet (see another thread that I started earlier this week asking where arcane pool points are calculated). Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, so only armed with my logic (and too little time) I may or may not be able to figure out how to fix it before it's fixed for real.

For what it's worth, the amount that the arcane pool is in error is equal to the difference between what the character should have with the archtype and what it would have without the archtype. For instance, at 9th level a Bladebound Magus should have 3+int, while a normal magus would have 4+int. 4-3=1, so the Bladebound Magus in Herolab is given 1 too few arcane pool points. This relationship holds true for levels 1 to 20.
Stormwarden is offline   #6 Reply With Quote