Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

OldDNDer

Old September 8th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone, after a very long break from D&D and Hero Lab, I am back in a position that I can get a group together and DM a campaign. Anyway, I am trying to learn the new Hero Lab 5th Edition and am having some problems getting a permanent +2 AC bonus to apply.

I have followed the examples in the Help file, As well as looking over the guidance provided here.

The only thing I have gotten to work is this:
Code:
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value = hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDodge].value + 2
I have also tried several other combinations from both the links listed above but to no avail. So, would anyone be kind enough to give me a hand? This bonus should apply at all times; that is, with or without armor and/or shield equipped.

Last edited by OldDNDer; September 8th, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
OldDNDer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
OldDNDer

Old September 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Okay, I think I figured it out. So, it seems I am using the correct instructions in Hero Lab. I was thinking that I was going about it the wrong way because I believed that something like "#applybonus[ArmorClass, hero.child[tACMisc], 2]" was the shortest instructions to do what I want; however, it seems my instructions above are the way to go. Also, I wasn't using the "tACDodge" that was from a copy and paste of the example in the help file. I am actually using the "tACMisc".
OldDNDer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 9th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDNDer View Post
Okay, I think I figured it out. So, it seems I am using the correct instructions in Hero Lab. I was thinking that I was going about it the wrong way because I believed that something like "#applybonus[ArmorClass, hero.child[tACMisc], 2]" was the shortest instructions to do what I want; however, it seems my instructions above are the way to go. Also, I wasn't using the "tACDodge" that was from a copy and paste of the example in the help file. I am actually using the "tACMisc".
Glad you figured out what you wanted to do, normally I look at scripts of things that do something similar - you can copy the scripting off of a ring of protection to simulate this very well. It doesn't mess with the tACxxxx total values but adds bonuses earlier.

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 2 running at pre-levels 5000 seems to be the "LW" way to add a permanent bonus to AC, at least for a magic item.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote