Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Thewog

Old March 22nd, 2022, 09:39 AM
Trying to get a game of PF2 started with my friends, the DM tried to set up the Patron thingy, but us players aren't able to make use of it. He thinks he has everything right, right level of subscription, right settings. I've been looking and have yet to find any info on what the players may need to do on our end. I believe I have the right level subscription, but none of the extra book options the DM is trying to share are available to turn on in character settings. Any suggestions?
Thewog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ankhan

Old March 23rd, 2022, 07:19 PM
I am having the same problem as the Patron and the DM seems like Secrets of Magi does not share my player could not make a Magus. I had to make it outside the campaign option. Then import it as an NPC then assign control to the player, but the player had no option to make a Magus. That's not how it should work right?
Ankhan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 24th, 2022, 07:31 AM
The players must be invited to the campaign and the PCs must be GM-owned, not player-owned.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Hey there,

As long as they're enrolled at the Patron tier and have the RPG added to the Online Service either having purchased it from the new store, or in the case of PF1 for older Classic License holders, have purchased the PF1 Migration Upgrade then the access should work fairly unfettered. The Content Sharing feature does have to be turned on within the Campaign from the GM end of things as well but it sounds like they already have checked on that so I doubt that's the problem.

My first guess is that the PCs within the Campaign were created and configured so that each player self-owns the Character, this would create a situation where they would merely have the Apprentice/Demo mode functionality since in order to take advantage of the Shared Content each PC within such Patron sponsored Campaigns must be set to the default "Owned by Campaign" setting that should be default when you go to add a new PC to the My PCs Table. Check within the Campaign in the PCs and Players Tab > My PCs Table and on PC you should find a ... button, click/tap that and check to see if you see an option to Transfer Ownership to Campaign, if that is present it would explain things and by choosing that it should solve the issue where Content isn't being shared.

Beyond that general advice though, I think we'd need to get a closer look at things which would require you to contact us at the support desk with the relevant Account info for the GM and probably even have one of the Players contact us as well, that way I can get a better idea of what things look like. The support email address can be found in my signature should you need it, but regardless, I hope this helps swiftly.

As for the issue you mentioned Ankhan, that sounds to me like it could be an issue with the Campaign Settings as far as what books are enabled for use within the Campaign as a first guess, this should be something you can have the GM check easily enough but if that doesn't lead to any luck please also contact us with whatever detailed info you can at our support desk.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old April 8th, 2022, 10:00 AM
It's a nightmare. I tried to get it working with my girlfriend and we ended up just wasting money buying her an account and never could get my books shared with her. Now we just both use the same login, but not at the same time. It's a bit of a sore spot between me and HLO.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #5 Reply With Quote