Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

PetriWessman

Old March 25th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Support for the Dark Heresy gameline would be awesome. Here's hoping
PetriWessman is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old March 28th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Just picked up the system, and yeah, some Rouge trader support would be awesome. Will keep all my parts crossed, but otherwise just wanted to add a voice of support. (yes, I've done the poll too !)
phantomwhale is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:17 AM
mainly because rogue trader makes me weep for the complexity of it.
krathen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Looks like the subject got brought up recently over at the Dark Heresy forums:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...3&efidt=305635
bocephus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
We've spoken with FFG. At this point, it does not appear that we'll be doing anything with them in an officially licensed capacity for Hero Lab. Beyond that, you'll need to talk to FFG.

I wish I had better news, but that's how things look right now. :-(
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Here's a possibility. If there were enough interest, we could investigate developing core mechanics files for DH/RT, just as we've done for D&D 4E. However, we would *not* be able to populate any game IP into the files. One or more users would need to step forward to take on that task and assume formal ownership of the data files, which would then be made available via the Authoring Kit option.

If some of you would be interested in taking on this task, let us know and we'll investigate the possibility further.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Spoike

Old April 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
This thread actually got me to join this forum. I have been wishing for data files for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader for a while now. The only reason I haven't picked up Hero Lab is because it doesn't support DH/RT. But if the core mechanics files were available I would totally be willing to pay for the authoring kit and do the data entry. Besides going through all the books with that much scrutiny couldn't hurt my GM'ing skills either.
Spoike is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
shinma72

Old April 19th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I agree with Spoike, only I had noticed what I thought to be a dead issue, seemingly resurrected. The sole reason I purchased Hero Builder was in hopes that I could figure out how to use it for DH like we do for WH40k in Army Builder. I would definitely devote as much time as I could (and then some!) to help get a DH skeleton built!
shinma72 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2010, 09:26 AM
Spoike, shinma72, if you're willing to try your hand at writing those core mechanics, I'm glad to help you through the process. I'd recommend you start by scanning the authoring kit wiki at http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index.php5/Main_Page, especially the Savage Worlds Walkthrough in the Authoring Examples section.

Also, examine the various game systems in Hero Lab, even opening the ones you don't own in demo mode. Try out various mechanics, thinking about how you'd make use of them in the Dark Heresy files. I'd recommend importing some of the pre-made characters within Cortex, Savage Worlds, or WoD, and then looking at how the advancement tab works in those systems. That sort of advancement mechanism is how the XP spending in Dark Heresy will be handled. The core mechanics for advancement are already present in the Skeleton files, so examine those systems with an eye towards how advancement would be used in DH.
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
shinma72

Old April 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Mathias, I am *MOST ASSUREDLY* interested in it. I had stopped dev for a few weeks but had already pulled down the skeleton pdf and such and tweaking as I went. I will get back on it and I'm going to be laying out the structure of the stats and how the skills and such play back into it, something I had not done when I first dove in. Tonight I'll follow your suggestions and dld the demos and see how those work.
shinma72 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote