Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dgrm44

Old July 24th, 2011, 04:52 AM
I created some test feats and added them successfully to my data files. How do I remove them without having to do so one at a time in the editor?

Is there a way I can have the Original Pathfinder Data files and a copy of them that contains my custom content so that I can choose either data file when I launch Hero Lab?
Dgrm44 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:19 AM
If you're on Vista/Win 7, you can create a copy of the Pathfinder game system by copy/pasting the pathfinder folder located at C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder

If you're not on Vista/Win 7, the folder your looking for is your 'dataroot' folder, which you can discover from within the Hero Lab application by using Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder.

After you create a copy of the pathfinder folder, restart hero lab (or File->Switch Game System might work) and you should see the new Pathfinder copy.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrm44 View Post
Is there a way I can have the Original Pathfinder Data files and a copy of them that contains my custom content so that I can choose either data file when I launch Hero Lab?
Yep you can just make a copy of the Data\Pathfinder folder and give it a new name. For example I have ones called Pathfinderd20pfsrd and PathfinderCORE... When you start HL it will ask you which data set you wish to start.

Very nice for doing work in different environments.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old July 24th, 2011, 03:19 PM
How do I quickly removed all custom created content from my dataset?
Dgrm44 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrm44 View Post
How do I quickly removed all custom created content from my dataset?
Move out all your .user files. That is where everything is stored. So move them to a different folder and start HL. All custom stuff is then gone.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old July 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I would really recommend having more then one copy of Pathfinder running. Here is a screen shot of how I have mine set up. Once version is the core game with no edits. One has all the house rules and custom content that I have entered or gathered... and I even have one set up for a D20 Modern version of Pathfinder. (I think it was Frodie that made and set most of that up. I modified it a bit after the fact but I did not do the heavy lifting.)

This allows you to find out what is in the core game from LW and then decide how to change your house ruled version if needed. I find this to be easier and faster then moving files around and helps a lot with getting a reality check when an issue shows up for me to see where the source of that oddness is located.

(I also delete out the folders for the systems I do not care about after every update to make the sceen cleaner.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Update Notice.jpg (154.4 KB, 28 views)
Thazar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM
So if I understand the Editor so far, it looks like it will be pretty easy to copy an existing race and modify it as a new monster for use in herolab. I think maybe 15 minutes per monster to be up and running?

Am I missing anything?
Dgrm44 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:10 AM
maybe less if you dont run into problems.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
It is ashame that so many monsters are locked so that you can't copy and change them.
Dgrm44 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old July 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
They do that for the stuff that is purchased as an add on. The easiest way to deal with that is to open two sessions of hero lab. Have one open to the item that is not able to be cut and pasted. Then manually enter the data on the other screen for your modified custom content.

It takes a little longer, but is is easier then starting from scratch in my opinion.
Thazar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote