Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ehrim

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:04 AM
I've read through previous posts on the matter - when i choose my PC, other tab, mounts and hirelings - add new mount or hireling

I can choose 'griffon' from the dialog - but once it is created it has No Race listed as race and it is very vanilla (all stats are 10, no HD, etc)

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
Ehrim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:05 AM
update: it looks like if I select 'hippogriff' instead of griffon, it works as intended.

Is griffon broken/my issue?

Last edited by Ehrim; January 21st, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
Ehrim is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:25 AM
The griffon is from bestiary 1 - you've double-checked that you have that book turned on for this character and the minion? A cohort entry can't add a race to its minion if the book for that race isn't turned on.

The griffon and hippogriff are both working for me.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The griffon is from bestiary 1 - you've double-checked that you have that book turned on for this character and the minion? A cohort entry can't add a race to its minion if the book for that race isn't turned on.

The griffon and hippogriff are both working for me.
Checking...
Ehrim is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:31 AM
That looks to be it - while 'griffon' is listed in the drop down when i add the cohort, I only own Bestiary 2 currently (which apparently is the source of the hippogriff). I'd expect items from Bestiary 1 (and other non-installed sources) to not appear in the drop down choice at all

Thanks much for your time/expertise!
Ehrim is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:35 AM
Take a look at Ultimate Equipment's section on creatures you can purchase - they offer the same information we do, with the purchase price and description, but then they refer you to the bestiary if you actually wanted the stats. We intend to add more warning about this sort of thing, but I don't think that we should hide these entries for someone who owns Ultimate Equipment, because they have purchased that book, and if they were making a character by hand and had UE but not the right bestiary, they would be able to buy the griffon or hippogriff, but not be able to look up its stats.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old January 21st, 2019, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Take a look at Ultimate Equipment's section on creatures you can purchase - they offer the same information we do, with the purchase price and description, but then they refer you to the bestiary if you actually wanted the stats. We intend to add more warning about this sort of thing, but I don't think that we should hide these entries for someone who owns Ultimate Equipment, because they have purchased that book, and if they were making a character by hand and had UE but not the right bestiary, they would be able to buy the griffon or hippogriff, but not be able to look up its stats.
Makes sense (and I'm sure that is my current situation - own UE but not B1)

Thanks again!
Ehrim is offline   #7 Reply With Quote