Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

saldiven

Old December 24th, 2016, 12:37 PM
The Warpriest bonus feats are not working correctly. The classes Bonus Feat ability reads:

"Bonus Feats: At 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter, a warpriest gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement. These bonus feats must be selected from those categorized as combat feats. The warpriest must meet the prerequisites for these feats, but he treats his warpriest level as his base attack bonus (in addition to base attack bonuses gained from other classes and racial Hit Dice) for the purpose of qualifying for these feats. Finally, for the purposes of these feats, the warpriest can select feats that have a minimum number of fighter levels as a prerequisite, treating his warpriest level as his fighter level."

I am working on a 6th lvl Warpriest. Using his bonus feats under the Warpriest class tab, he should meet prerequisites calling for a BAB +6 or Fighter lvl 6. However, Hero Lab is showing that these prerequisites are not met.
saldiven is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old December 24th, 2016, 01:50 PM
When you are adding a bonus feat above the feat description the following text is mentioned:

"The character treats his warpriest level as his base attack bonus for these feats (in addition to base attack bonuses gained from other classes and racial hit dice) and treats his warpriest level as his fighter for these feats. This is not yet implemented."

This has been brought up a couple of times before on the forum and it seems as the software currently is, it is hard for them to incorporate an implementation for it. As such they also haven't given an estimated time for it yet.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 25th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it's a known issue, sorry. I'm afraid you'll just have to ignore the validation errors for this.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
heinrich_krebs

Old June 4th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Would be great, if it was fixed, though.
heinrich_krebs is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrich_krebs View Post
Would be great, if it was fixed, though.
This is a large fundamental change to how the HL software Binary program works. Its NOT something that can currently be done in the scripting software. This means its left in the hands of "one" person at LW. That person has allot already on his plate and something like this is going to be low priority.

Many other changes to the binary program are really way more important than this issue. This is also why the communities Path of War maneuvers have the exact same issue.

I would expect a long time before this gets changed....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old November 25th, 2017, 09:07 AM
I find this response problematic. As a paying customer with a considerable amount invested in Hero Lab, I'd like to know if LWD is going to be providing this half-hearted level of support for Pathfinder going forward. This isn't some free, open source option like PCGen which is completely reliant on volunteers.

If there is 'one person' who can resolve this, hire an additional developer. It is Business 101. Otherwise please be honest about the level of support you are providing your customers before taking their money.

Thank you.
Ehrim is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrim View Post
I find this response problematic. As a paying customer with a considerable amount invested in Hero Lab, I'd like to know if LWD is going to be providing this half-hearted level of support for Pathfinder going forward. This isn't some free, open source option like PCGen which is completely reliant on volunteers.

If there is 'one person' who can resolve this, hire an additional developer. It is Business 101. Otherwise please be honest about the level of support you are providing your customers before taking their money.

Thank you.
HL binary version 8.4 notes:

"Added the capability to properly validate the requirements on Warpriest bonus feats (and other similar abilities). When feats are taken as Warpriest bonus feats, your base attack bonus and fighter level are counted differently than they are for normal feats. (A future version of the Pathfinder data files will be required to take advantage of these changes.)"

I would expect this feature in the Pathfinder files in the next update (Maybe December).

So it appears LW is doing a great job of supporting their products.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 25th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
HL binary version 8.4 notes:

"Added the capability to properly validate the requirements on Warpriest bonus feats (and other similar abilities). When feats are taken as Warpriest bonus feats, your base attack bonus and fighter level are counted differently than they are for normal feats. (A future version of the Pathfinder data files will be required to take advantage of these changes.)"

I would expect this feature in the Pathfinder files in the next update (Maybe December).

They need to hire you or someone like you. Seriously. Not for tech support, but for communications. They may do a great job of supporting their products, but their weakness is with communication, perception, and customer relations.

Aaron's response is the type I would expect from a non-staffer, and your more detailed and more customer-oriented response is the kind that we should expect from a staffer.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ehrim

Old November 25th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Advanced Class Guide was released August 2014. I'm not sure how 3+ years to fully support this book is 'doing a great job supporting their products' when it MIGHT be fixed next month. (it might not).

I am going to have a really hard time shelling out additional dollars when LWD isn't properly supporting the underlying content. Right now Hero Lab is $35, it was $30 when i bought it while the dataset for the Advanced Class Guide was another $10.

When called on it the response is 'you'll just have to ignore the error'. As a business, LWD needs to decided if they want customers to keep coming back. Having tried a number of competing products over the past 10+ years, I've always been a big fan of Hero Lab. With costs increasing the support lacking, as well as some worry I have about their model for Hero Lab Online - I worry that I'm going to have to seriously consider alternatives.
Ehrim is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 25th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrim View Post
The Advanced Class Guide was released August 2014. I'm not sure how 3+ years to fully support this book is 'doing a great job supporting their products' when it MIGHT be fixed next month. (it might not).

I am going to have a really hard time shelling out additional dollars when LWD isn't properly supporting the underlying content. Right now Hero Lab is $35, it was $30 when i bought it while the dataset for the Advanced Class Guide was another $10.

When called on it the response is 'you'll just have to ignore the error'. As a business, LWD needs to decided if they want customers to keep coming back. Having tried a number of competing products over the past 10+ years, I've always been a big fan of Hero Lab. With costs increasing the support lacking, as well as some worry I have about their model for Hero Lab Online - I worry that I'm going to have to seriously consider alternatives.
You need to stop casting aspersions. The 3+ years comment is bullshit. LW recently decided to change how they handle class based bonus feats and how prereqs are validated, due to the growing complexity of the issue. The error you are experiencing just started in the most current update. LW is aware of the issue and is working on a solution (AKA its a known issue). However LW normally release once a month updates which include fixes like this. This is not an Oh my god, fix it now issue. You are just getting a few validation messages, LW did not give an exact ETA because like any person in IT they understand that users can be dicks, and if they quote a time frame and its one second longer they will get more crap than not giving an ETA at all. The LW staff is also taking care of a lot of different issues as fallout of this update (Just ask ShadowChemosh about the needed changes in the Community Package).

As for your comment about HLO they are attempting to take Starfinder and implement multiple requested features along with a new system. They are not going to do anything with HL Classic, anything like what your suggesting would put them out of business as it would drive a lot of users away. As for price increases its the nature of the beast. You will have one of several models that a company follows: everyone pays a monthly fee for access to everything, you pay a la carte for what you need when you need it and prices adjust over time, or you have forced upgrade points and charge for the upgrade those choosing to not upgrade have their service discontinued. I'm not going to go into a lecture on business income strategies and maintained cash flow for operations, but that's how the real world works.

Making snide and rude comments insulting the small dev team is uncalled for. The standard disclaimer for any pathfinder character generator applies here too: double check everything, no character generator is 100% correct. It's imperative that you understand the rules and mechanics of the game in order to run your character.

Last edited by Minous; November 25th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Minous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote