Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I've been trying to use the Seeker Archetype, but I can't seem to find it in the Archetypes dialog. Does this mean that LW does not provide an implementation? Or do I need to download some file separately instead?
EldritchWeaver is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I'm afraid I'm not able to reproduce this. When I create a new Socerer, the Seeker archetype is one that I can choose from.

I recommend double-checking the books you have turned on for this character. Among the "Campaign Setting" group, make sure that "Pathfinder Society Field Guide" is turned on.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:33 PM
You were right - I did forget to turn on this checkbox. Still it didn't solve the issue entirely for me. Checking with a newly created portfolio the Seeker archetype as well a few others suddenly appeared in the list. Exporting my characters into a new portfolio helped as well. After some experimentation I discovered that the cause seems to be a timing issue with an addition I've made. No idea why that could kill archetypes, but I have to look into it further. Thanks for the help!
EldritchWeaver is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Look into the default sources you have set up for new characters perhaps? Also, just for the future, gaining access to a source doesn't turn it on for any pre-existing characters, you'll have to open their configure hero windows and turn on new sources manually for old characters. All new ones will be created with the new source on by default though (unless you change the defaults to exclude that).
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Where do I change the defaults? I can't seem to find the menu entry.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Character -> Configure Hero to open the configure hero window, then click on the sources on the right and 5 blue buttons will appear to the right of the source list. "Set Default" makes all future characters created have the sources and settings of the current hero, "Use Default" changes already existing characters to use the current default setup.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Where do I change the defaults? I can't seem to find the menu entry.
Each character "saves" which books (ie Sources) are available for use. So open up your .por file and press "CTRL-K" to see the "Configure Your Hero" window for that specific character.

It makes sense as I could be in one game group with character A that only allows "CORE" book and a different group that allows dozens of books. So HL supports this by having each character save which books are allowed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote