Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GThiel

Old April 14th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Have now used RW in a couple of face to face sessions. So far, I and the players are finding it very helpful.

Being able to reveal sections of the world/dungeon as they are explored has speeded by things, as no one has to map out what has been seen on paper. But there is one improvement (well actually two) in the Reveal process i would like to see implemented.

1) Revealing Mask, currently has two options, drawing rectangles or using a circle reveal mask in differing sizes to uncover parts of a map. I would like to have the option of using a square reveal tool of varying sizes as often what has to be revealed is not easily shown or is quite finicky when using the circle.

2) After using the drawing tools to reveal parts of a map, one is required to right-click on the area to flag "Show to Player" and then move mouse up to save button and click it before players can see new reveal. To reveal map as players head along a corridor, it entails several reveals. If the Save Function could be incorporated into the right-click menu if would make it much more convenient.

As a programmer (I hate medical billing!!!) I am very impressed with the overall quality of the program.
GThiel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
2) After using the drawing tools to reveal parts of a map, one is required to right-click on the area to flag "Show to Player" and then move mouse up to save button and click it before players can see new reveal. To reveal map as players head along a corridor, it entails several reveals. If the Save Function could be incorporated into the right-click menu if would make it much more convenient.
I'm not sure I'm following this fully. When you have a map already showing to players in the player view, to reveal more area, you just use the drawing tools to reveal it and then save. You don't have to say "Show to Player" any longer as it is already showing to the players. And you can press Ctrl-S to save instead of having to move the mouse up to the save button.
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 14th, 2014, 06:40 AM
OK, won't need to Show Player any more, :-)

But would still prefer to have mouse drop down save option. As play space, with two monitors, battle map, players, dice, drinks, etc. is limited, if I can just leave keyboard out of the way I will.
GThiel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
OK, won't need to Show Player any more, :-)

But would still prefer to have mouse drop down save option. As play space, with two monitors, battle map, players, dice, drinks, etc. is limited, if I can just leave keyboard out of the way I will.
We deliberately don't allow auto-save after reveal as it may be dangerous. What if you your hand slips while revealing an area and "oops", you've revealed too much giving away the location of the secret treasure room? You can't unreveal when it is shown to the players eyes right then...
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 03:22 PM
davidp - I don't think he's asking for autosave. I think (I haven't done anything with maps yet, so just reading here) he's talking about adding the save option to the context menu that comes up on the right-click, rather than a button elsewhere on the screen.
weogarth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote