Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Freedom4556

Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
With the latest files, the Lizardmen army in A.B. allows Tetto'eko to be taken even after checking the "Forbid Named Characters" option in the list validation rules. Am I correct in assuming that Tetto'eko is a named character? It seems as though he is.
Freedom4556 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Freedom4556

Old January 22nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
On the output of the Lizardman list, PDF or HTML, when a Slann Mage-Priest is taken the notes reference pg. 25 for the explanation of the Palanquin, but the explanation is actually on page 42-43 of the seventh edition codex. Also, in the same notes, the explanation of the Slann's ability to cast though a Skink Priest is referred to as "Telepathy" when the rule is actually called "Channeling" as per pg. 48 of the codex. Furthermore, the explanation of "Telepathy" is incorrect as per pg. 48, which says,
"A Mage-Priest has the ability to take over the mind of a Skink Priest in order to cast a spell through his minion. The Slann can channel a magic missile spell through any Skink Priest within 24". The spell is cast as if the Slann model were where the Skink Priest model is. Any mistcasts affect the Slann as normal. ..."
This would seem to contradict what A.B. currently says which is:
"For spellcasting, the Slann can draw line of sight to anything any Skink Priest or Slann on the table can see. He still casts the spell, and range is still measured from him."
Furthermore, only magic missiles can be cast this way, not all spells.

Finally, there is a simple typo in the explanation of the Guardians rule in the Slann notes. "...his line of sight is not plocked by..." should be "his line of sight is not blocked by..."

Last edited by Freedom4556; February 20th, 2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
Freedom4556 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Freedom4556

Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
The stat line for the Temple Guard unit is also confusing. Temple Guard are base:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4  4  0 4 4 1 2 2  8
...and come with Scaly Skin 5+, hand weapon, halberd, light armor, and shield.
This gives them effectively two modes of fighting
1: armor 3+ against missiles and 2+ in Close Combat; aka hand weapon and shield
2: armor 4+ all the time and strength 5; aka halberd (two handed weapon, so no shield here)
However, this begs the question, shouldn't the Temple Guard always be armor 3+ against missiles (using the most favorable), and then choose either armor 2+, or armor 4+ and strength 5, in Close Combat?

What is most confusing to me is that the generic Temple Guardsmen are rendered thus:
Code:
M WS BS S T W I A Ld Armor
4  4  0 4 4 1 2 2  8 3+/2+
And the unit champion Revered Guardian like this:
Code:
M WS BS  S  T W I A Ld Armor
4  4  0 4/5 4 1 2 3  8  4+
Shouldn't this be more consistent? Especially given that they are equipped exactly the same?

Last edited by Freedom4556; February 20th, 2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: fixed another error, clarified stat lines
Freedom4556 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote