Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 27th, 2017, 02:17 AM
I'm running a Supers game, using the Rising Stars variant. The Best There Is has been hidden for Rising Stars, but is there any way of changing the maximum point limit for a power?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 27th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately not. The folks at Pinnacle were fairly insistent on not using "The Best There Is" for Rising Stars on any but the two lowest levels, thus putting in a hard line for balance reasons.

That being said...

The field you want to modify is called spcMax and each power has it's own value. It gets set at Setup/6000, so if you wanted to, say, duplicate "The Best There Is" and call it something else and change the background code to alter that value just after Setup/6000, it would already be set up to let you select a Power. You'll have to do the duplication manually as it's restricted. But then the validation should see the new value for max. How's that? Fair warning, I haven't actually tried this one yet...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote