Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aril

Old February 8th, 2022, 07:45 PM
I want to tackle some of the feats from "Feats of Legend: 30 Fey Feats", and one of them grants "you are considered your normal type and fey."

Is there a way I can have the feat grant a new type?
Aril is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old February 9th, 2022, 10:45 AM
Adding a type using the "Counts as Type?" control in the editor just adds an extra Type.? tag to a Type thing.

Have you tried assigning the Type.tpFey tag to the hero from your feat's script?

You might also need to assign the Race.tpFey and IsRace.tpFey tags, if they don't get assigned to the hero automatically, in case anything looks for those tags for prerequisites etc.

If you need to add some type-based abilities you could probably bootstrap the specific individual Racial Special picks with the feat (or maybe even the Type or Subtype, if you need all the associated bits).

Last edited by ploturo; February 9th, 2022 at 10:59 AM.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old February 9th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Actually, it looks like the Race.? and IsRace.? tags are the ones that should be assigned, since the type/subtype for the standard races seems to assigned to the hero with those tag groups and not the Type group.
ploturo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old February 14th, 2022, 07:04 PM
I'm at a loss. I looked for feats that apply a Type to a character, and couldn't find any.

So then I looked for Templates that apply Types. There are several....including templates for Undead, as well as "First World Fey".

In "The First World, Realm of the Fey", it states "the creature counts as both its base type as well as fey for any effects related to type".

So I thought I could use that. But all it does is bootstrap "tpFey". So, I tried that, and it does nothing.

So then I tried looking at the "Fey Creature" template. In the Tags, it has "Typenoeff" and tpFey. In the bootstrap tab, it has the "cfgFeyCreat" applied. I tried that....but that's not applying the Type. Instead, it appears to activate the menu for the Fey Creature template, that lets the creature pick a Fey special ability.

I can't find any other references to *how* the type is getting applied.
Aril is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old February 14th, 2022, 07:23 PM
I also looked through the guide, and in the Tags menu, added Group ID = "Race" and then "Tag ID" = tpFey.

Still nothing.
Aril is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old February 15th, 2022, 01:16 AM
If you add the appropriate tags to the hero, other parts of the hero lab code should treat the character as having that type/subtype/race, but it won't actually be displayed in the list of types and subtypes.

Actually changing the type of a creature is a big deal, and will probably break a lot of stuff since a creature/character can only have one type and a lot of the other race/subtype stuff is tied to having the correct type.

In your feat's script (phase First with timing 1000, probably) you would add the tags to the hero:

perform hero.assign[HasType.tpFey]
perform hero.assign[Race.tpFey]
perform hero.assign[IsRace.tpFey]

If there are specific things that should also be available once a character has the feat you're coding, you can double check their coding to see what they are looking for if they don't work off any of these tags. (If they are hard-coded to look for the presence of the tpFey pick on the hero, they probably shouldn't be...)

If you want something to be displayed in the Types/Subtypes list on the Background tab, you would probably also need to make your own custom Subtype thing with the name "Fey" and a unique id, and bootstrap that to the feat. If you do, make sure you don't require a type (it wouldn't show up if you choose Humanoid as required and the character is an Aasimar with the Outsider type, for example).
ploturo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote