Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

alientude

Old August 28th, 2018, 10:38 AM
It's been 1,000 days since Lone Wolf has bothered to communicate with their Kickstarter backers. Why?
alientude is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 28th, 2018, 12:50 PM
There are a few threads regarding communication and the situation. Maybe you find some of the answers you seek there? I do understand though, that as a backer, you might feel a bit left out. I think they have announced recently to restart the newsletter again (are kickstarter backers not part of it?). If not maybe you should subscribe there.

Also you find every few months a posting from some lwd staff member describing some situation including some news on material that has been released (Did you receive it on your account?)

There was also some free-content released for everyone.

So hopefully these are some good news for you.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 28th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Have a read through this thread. It explains what's been happening at LWD for quite some time.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61062

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 28th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Kickstarter requires that backers receive regular updates separate from any other communication the creators may send out.

I'll compare two projects. City of Titans is an MMO based, at least spiritually, on the City of Heroes MMO. It raised nearly $680k and is over 3 years late. But the backers get regular updates. If there have been any complaints I haven't seen them.

LWD doesn't do communication. All the backers are waiting on are stretch goals. Backers are angry.

What's the difference?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old August 28th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Have a read through this thread. It explains what's been happening at LWD for quite some time.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61062
Why couldn't this type of communication be sent to Kickstarter? It's coming up on 3 years, with the last message saying that the Paizo catalog is going to be available early 2016! BJ posted that she fully intended to make a RW update on Kickstarter "in the near future" over 6 months ago, and still silence. I don't understand why Lone Wolf treats their backers with such disdain.

Last edited by alientude; August 28th, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
alientude is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 28th, 2018, 07:19 PM
I'm firmly in the 'just waiting for something even better to happen' camp (Razor Coast...)

HOWEVER, I will say that I've backed 3 projects.
  • d20Pro (software) is still 'in development.' I get regular updates via Kickstarter, and am happy to keep right on waiting, because I know exactly what's going on.
  • Shadowlands (campaign setting) went bankrupt (or some other such financial disaster, sat shelved for quite some time, and then was purchased by another publisher. The new publisher, while under no obligation to continue providing updates, rewards, etc (as far as I know) now provides regular updates to the backers and fully intends to honor all of the original rewards and stretch goals.
  • RealmWorks (software)... Well, you know.

I know LWD has struggled personnel-wise, and that Rob has had health issues. I continue holding fast to the faith that the CM will be realized and that there will be much that I want to purchase there. I continue to love the software for what it can currently do/has done for my campaign management.

I also continue to long for calendars, the content market, and the Razor Coast.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 28th, 2018, 08:55 PM
I've got a query in to the Frog Gods asking when their KS rewards will be available in RW or whether they too are being blown off by LWD like the rest of the backers. Razor Coast and The Blight are both due when the store opens. They're overdue. They should have been delivered as backer rewards years ago.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2018, 01:42 PM
I’m afraid this is one only Rob can answer. I’ve made sure he’s seen it.
BJ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 29th, 2018, 02:56 PM
FWIW, The Blight wasn't even kickstarted until 2016 and hard copy books didn't start rolling out until September of 2017, so the earliest that reward "could" have been delivered would have been in September of 2017, but as massive as it is, it's probably more than a couple of days of work, LOL. Happened to back all three of these, The Blight and RW and Razor Coast. I don't "know" anything more than that, so do what you want with it...

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 29th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I gave them a bye on The Blight last year at release though they could have received pre-release I'm sure. Regardless, it doesn't take a year to key it in. I know as I've keyed in a good chunk of the FGG catalog. There isn't any excuse for Razor Coast though as it was out before the KS.
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote