Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Also, if a vehicle has a Load Out, you can access it with the Edit button now...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old November 17th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Updates have been posted for 50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Noir, Hell On Earth: Reloaded, and Pirates of the Spanish Main. Evernight isn't an officially released file but if anyone had the download location from me then you can get the updated version of that from the same location. A big tanks to CC for doing the quick updates on those! Now I just need to fix my version of the DLR file...
Where do we find these updates? I've temporarily removed the user files from the data folder on my Mac so that I can at least use the other source files - I'm just not sure how to get the updated files you have posted.
The GIT! is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 17th, 2015, 03:56 PM
They are available as updates through Hero Lab itself. When you start the program, there should be a blue oval with an exclamation point in it next to the Savage Worlds icon that, when clicked, bring up the interface to allow you to download those. Evernight you'll need to contact zarlor for.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 17th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Actually it sounds like Dropbox didn't sync up the files right so I'll try to force and update to make sure the new versions are synced up, but that will have to wait until the morning. Sorry.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old November 17th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the quick response guys.

BTW - I have no idea how to use the Robot Modifications to assign skills. Whatever method I try to use within the Robot Modification tab it completely messes up the skill calculations. Further, adding skill mods also seems to push the number of allowed mods over the limit (even though they aren't actually over). As an example, I have one mod slot remaining and decide to assign 5 skills (each takes up 0.2 mod slots). As soon as I select the fifth skill I get an error message saying over mod limit. Any advice would be most welcome.

Last edited by The GIT!; November 17th, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
The GIT! is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 17th, 2015, 10:24 PM
OK, here's how that works:

First off, ignore that IMPORTANT NOTE in the description. I can see a first patch, dang it. I thought I had removed all of those from the descriptions.

1) Got to the Robotics tab (assuming you've a hero who has access to that tab)
2) Add a Robotic Modification, and choose Skill
3) It will appear on the list with a drop-down to select the Skill you are adding/adding to. Go ahead and select the Skill.
4) In the New Skills table that appears below, add the Skills that need to be added.

As far as how it affects Skill calculations, I'm not sure what you mean. If you can clarify it for me, I'll address it...

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 17th, 2015, 10:34 PM
It's the same for Edges without the drop-down. We got away without the drop-down because Edges are only chosen once, while Skills can be taken multiple times.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Sorry for the delay, I had a migraine this morning. Try to get the updates again and see if that's actually the new versions now.

Also, CC, it isn't strictly true that Edges are chosen only once, there are several that can be chosen multiple times, just not any I can think of that directly modify skills like that, is all.

Also I'm not sure Strain is working correctly yet. I need to play around with it more when I get a chance but I think it might not be including if you have a mod that increases one of the underlying required stats (like if you take cyberware that boosts Vigor if your Spirit is already at the value it's going to or higher). I'll try to test more when I'm less foggy, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
The GIT!

Old November 18th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, here's how that works:

First off, ignore that IMPORTANT NOTE in the description. I can see a first patch, dang it. I thought I had removed all of those from the descriptions.

1) Got to the Robotics tab (assuming you've a hero who has access to that tab)
2) Add a Robotic Modification, and choose Skill
3) It will appear on the list with a drop-down to select the Skill you are adding/adding to. Go ahead and select the Skill.
4) In the New Skills table that appears below, add the Skills that need to be added.

As far as how it affects Skill calculations, I'm not sure what you mean. If you can clarify it for me, I'll address it...
So here's the thing. Once I've followed the steps laid out above I end up with 2 x die types being added (i.e. instead of the skill being d4 it now ends up as d6). It seems that by adding a skill mod and THEN selecting the skill in the new skills table the system takes that as selecting the skill twice.

Further, assigning skill mods creates errors in the number of mods allowed - my construct has 6 Mod slots available; I've assigned two of these for skills (which effectively means ten extra skills) but then the system says I have too many Mods (even though it actually says I have 6 out 6 mods).

There's something squiffy with the skills part of the Robot Modifications and I'll try and take some screen caps when I get home (if you think that might help).
The GIT! is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old November 18th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I'm also getting errors in HeroLab after applying the update. The Deadlands Noir and 50 Fathoms updates aren't going away, either. I go thru the update process and it says they were successfully imported, but the blue oval indicating an update doesn't go away.

The error I get when starting HeroLab is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (128.4 KB, 9 views)
EricaOdd is offline   #20 Reply With Quote