Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

Ruka

Old January 9th, 2021, 07:22 PM
I just bought in to the PF1E HLO set up, importing my .por file was simple but we are using background skills and the first thing I noticed was that I am 11 skills over and if I try to move skill points then I have over spent in the skill section.

the validation error looks like this: Background Skill Points: Resource Overspent: 11 of 1

I searched around a while looking for how to tell the game to use background skills but I am not finding anything to help.
Ruka is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old January 9th, 2021, 10:50 PM
Did the setting come across to use background skills under Pathfinder Unchained Options?
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RxGus

Old January 10th, 2021, 06:25 AM
I was able to find it in campaign mode:

Settings -> Campaign Character Options -> Edit options

In Character sections
Pull up the character and choose

'Settings" under the character heading. Scroll down to the heading "Pathfinder unchained settings"
RxGus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kyper

Old January 10th, 2021, 08:15 AM
I have the same problem. I also have the option checked to use background skills under Pathfinder Unchained Options. The issue is it's not giving you the skill points it's supposed to.
Kyper is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2021, 08:26 AM
Got a fix in for this, should be rolling out this week.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old January 12th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
I just bought in to the PF1E HLO set up, importing my .por file was simple but we are using background skills and the first thing I noticed was that I am 11 skills over and if I try to move skill points then I have over spent in the skill section.

the validation error looks like this: Background Skill Points: Resource Overspent: 11 of 1

I searched around a while looking for how to tell the game to use background skills but I am not finding anything to help.
Ok, two things to know. First, how to activate the system to USE background skills.
On the left column click on Settings.
Scroll down to "Pathfinder Unchained Options"
Place a check next to Background Skills.

Second is that they are having coding problems with this ruleset. It won't actually add the 2 points per level that you have to spend. I've emailed and been informed that they are working on it. In the meantime there is a workaround.
Go back to the left column and scroll down and click on Adjustments.
Under Permanent Adjustments, click on the Plus to add an option.
Open the Sub-Option for Skills/Profiencies
You want to find and choose 'Skill Points (Background) One time
Once it is an option under Permanent Adjustments, click on it to edit
Change the Value1 to the correct number, which as I said above is 2pts per level. Every time you level you will need to come back here and adjust it another two points.
asvaldson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old January 15th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Looks like what ever needed to be fixed got fixed. both my characters that I uploaded both seem right now
Ruka is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
UttiniDaKilrJawa

Old March 13th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Ok, so now that the numbers are correct. How do we actually get the Background Skills to show up in the Skills lists?
UttiniDaKilrJawa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mikem91

Old March 21st, 2021, 09:21 AM
Clicking the plus sign on the Background Skills header in the upright of that tile will bring up a dialog box to add skills.
mikem91 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exiton

Old March 26th, 2021, 09:02 AM
My players have also noticed the background skills not showing up in the main page list of skills since we migrated over. This is annoying as we are playing skull and shackles and Profession(sailor) is kind of important
Exiton is offline   #10 Reply With Quote