Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Thunder

Old April 5th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda View Post
As far as I know all the 5e PHB is complete, if you found some bugs or missing stuff....
Maybe I have the wrong Community Pack, or am installing it wrong. But in my copy there is only one Oath for the Paladin that is populated and the Drow Elf is not option in the sub races of the Elves.

Am I wrong?

Peace
Thunder is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Open the Configure Hero window (Character -> Configure Hero) and check that you have enabled the sources for the community files.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I have the D&D 5e Community Pack V1.3 (downloaded 2016-04-04) under my Installed Updates.

I have all the Community Packs checked off for all the "official" products. The only content I don't have checked off are the Third Party and the EN Publishing stuff. I am playing official Adventurer's League and none of that content would be "legal".

Peace
Thunder is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:39 PM
This is what you should be seeing.

Note: I'm using a pre-release version here however i'm certain the options you have requested are all released. If you're not seeing some of these options and you want to you can always download the GitHub repo and save the files into your 5e folder. DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited by daplunk; April 5th, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
daplunk is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I did the research - here is a direct copy and paste from the Hero Lab Buy page:

"Importantly, the SRD differs from the rules presented in the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon’s Master’s Guide, and Monster Manual. It omits certain options that appear in the full rulebooks (e.g. certain spells, feats, etc.), so those options can’t be included in Hero Lab. Thankfully the free D&D 5E Community Pack provides all the missing pieces that you’re looking for. (Get it today!)"

It clearly says "all" the missing pieces are within the Community Pack. I did the research and I would suggest the stretch in the truth IS the fault of Lone Wolf.
If it says that then my bad and I am sorry. Everything I had read before was just about SRD I didn't know they added the community Pack info.

For the core PHB/DMG/MM I do think its all there.

In reference to your current problem if you are opening an "existing" character (ie .por) file make sure you are pressing "CTRL-K" and to open the Configure Your Hero window. Each set of settings are "saved" with your character. This way each character can have different allowed books.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Perhaps this is the source of my issues...I am only accessing this software and content through an iPad Pro (9.7" version)

I have "updated" using this link here:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml

I am not really a tech guy, so I am not sure how to update using a GitHub repo (I don't even know what that is)

Because I am using an iPad only....I don't think there is an option to "save the file in my 5e folder".

Using the iPad is how I want run my heros during the Adventure League, carting my desktop is unwieldy.

Peace
Thunder is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If it says that then my bad and I am sorry. Everything I had read before was just about SRD I didn't know they added the community Pack info.
We are cool dude, no worries. As I said earlier I am not trying to be a troll or pick a fight, I would just like this software to work. I bought it so I could use it.

I am trying to take my heroes that I have created in Fight Club 5 and port them over to Hero Lab. Because I am using an iPad there is no "Ctrl-K".

Peace
Thunder is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I don't have an IPad so I can only blindly provide assistance. Have you followed the instructions HERE?
daplunk is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Maikera

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Try to create your characters at the desktop, then export the .por files to your email or dropbox, then open them at your Ipad. I would recommend that if you ask me.

@Topic, the community pack is pretty playable, and has a huge potential, the whole community is adding stuffs daily, not just original content but also lots of awesome homebrews
Maikera is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I did the research - here is a direct copy and paste from the Hero Lab Buy page:

"Importantly, the SRD differs from the rules presented in the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon’s Master’s Guide, and Monster Manual. It omits certain options that appear in the full rulebooks (e.g. certain spells, feats, etc.), so those options can’t be included in Hero Lab. Thankfully the free D&D 5E Community Pack provides all the missing pieces that you’re looking for. (Get it today!)"

It clearly says "all" the missing pieces are within the Community Pack. I did the research and I would suggest the stretch in the truth IS the fault of Lone Wolf.

I didn't come here to start a fight, I was expressing my disappointment with the lack of "all" that is promised on the buy page.
As @ShadowChemosh asserted above, it's been my understanding that everything from the PHB, DMG, and MM has been added to the Community Pack. Since that's explicitly the framing of the paragraph you quoted, I believe it's accurate for us to say "all". If you're seeking content or mechanics from other supplements, then I have no idea whether something is or isn't included in the Community Pack. That's entirely at the discretion of @daplunk and his band of hard-working volunteers, and it's a moving target, since new stuff keeps getting steadily added.

Since I'm only tacitly familiar with D&D 5E, and not at all familiar with how D&D 5E works on the iPad, I can't offer any suggestions here. However, I'll flag this thread to someone who does know the answer. Hopefully, he'll be able to point you in the right direction tomorrow.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote