Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

NubiaWren

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Is there a download for this genre in Savage Worlds? I did read a posting that someone was working on it, but I did not see it in the choices with the new upgrade.
NubiaWren is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I think Lankhmar, The Sixth Gun, The Last Parsec, Savage Rifts and Evernight are the only official Pinnacle settings that do not currently have a data file for them. I've got an Evernight file but need to get it fixed up the rest of the way before it can be released, but that being said nobody ever asks me for the interim file anyway so there's not much demand for that (especially so since it's so out of date in comparison to the Fantasy Companion.)

You may have noticed recent threads that suggest Savage Rifts is being worked on but I don't know of anyone working on Lankhmar, The Sixth Gun or The Last Parsec. Honestly you're the first person I've even seen ask for one. I don't have the setting myself so I can't make a file for it and I don't remember hearing of anyone else working on it. It's also not listed in the Hero Lab Savage Setting Index thread so I'm guessing there isn't anyone really working on it. The closest I found was an old thread where darnet was asking if anyone has started on that or TLP yet, but that's it, not threads about anyone working on it (beyond a post by me saying I don't even own the setting.)

I'm pretty busy right now and will be changing jobs next week, which certainly won't help free up any time, but I suppose if I were working on a setting I'd probably finish off Evernight then start work on TLP next. I might consider helping out with the Savage Rifts after that and then maybe The Sixth Gun, but even for me Lankhmar would be at the bottom of my list (especially so since I don't even own the setting.) Sorry.

Maybe someone else is up for the task or if you want to give it a try many of us here will be happy to help out if you run into any stumbling blocks with it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
NubiaWren

Old January 13th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Thank you zarlor, for your response and information. I myself do not have the system either, I'm just a player in it. I'll figure something out. Thank you again.
NubiaWren is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:02 PM
It usually takes a dedicated fan to produce a Setting file...
Changing jobs, Lenny? A good move, I hope? I can relate.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Following in your footsteps. Actually it's essentially a promotion going from Sys. Admin. to Sys. Engineering. Different contracting company handles the Engineering side, though, so it effectively turns into a job change because of that. Same workplace, though, at least, I just have to move my desk to the other side of the floor. Definitely a step up and a good move, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 14th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Isn't Last Parsec pretty close to "just use the SF Companion"? I thought I recalled all the races in there being examples in the latter, and the same for the weapons. I suppose some things like individual starship designs might need to be done, but I didn't recall any unique Edges or the like in there.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM
To be honest I don't really know, but one of the guys in the group is looking to do a TLP-based game in the relatively near future so I'll be a closer look at it. Since they both effectively came out at the same time, though, you may well be right and there won't be anything for me to do. I've just never checked the books to make sure yet.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Well, I'm not absolutely certain myself; I own the TLP book, but its setting didn't grab me much so I only read it through once.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 16th, 2017, 06:26 PM
It started as a few adventures for a more-or-less generic setting that uses the Sci-Fi Companion.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Azgulor

Old October 14th, 2017, 10:30 PM
The Last Parsec is great! Generally, though, it uses everything straight from the Science Fiction companion. Each supplement tends to add a bit of gear and perhaps a hindrance or two, though, but not your typical supplement gear list.

I'd really like to see a Lankhmar file, however. It's got some great swords-and-sorcery tweaks to standard SWD & fantasy in terms of edges, hindrances, magic system, and a few gear tweaks.

Since both the Last Parsec and Lankhmar are both official Pinnacle settings, I really hope they get files. I would gladly pay for them as I've done with the companions...
Azgulor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote