Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Chemlak

Old July 17th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Okay, pretty much what the title says - it might be helpful if a topic's reveal state were visually available in the Navigation Pane.

Background: I was recently checking through topics in one of my realms, and one of the things I was looking for was the overall reveal state of the topic. A simple way of seeing this without needing to enter the topic itself would have been useful, and it occurs to me that if it showed in the Navigation Pane it would let the GM more easily see things in the realm without having to enter topics.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 17th, 2016, 08:53 PM
+1

Something I didn't know I needed until someone described it. This would be very helpful indeed.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old July 17th, 2016, 09:13 PM
What MNBlockHead said (that is a +1 from me as well).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old July 17th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Something I didn't know I needed until someone described it. This would be very helpful indeed.
+1
Same here.
Greebo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old July 18th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Okay, pretty much what the title says - it might be helpful if a topic's reveal state were visually available in the Navigation Pane.

Background: I was recently checking through topics in one of my realms, and one of the things I was looking for was the overall reveal state of the topic. A simple way of seeing this without needing to enter the topic itself would have been useful, and it occurs to me that if it showed in the Navigation Pane it would let the GM more easily see things in the realm without having to enter topics.
Although I see some benefit in this I still wonder why you want to know this? Why did you check all the reveal states of the topics?
And what would it say if a topic is revealed for 75%?
Cornelius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 18th, 2016, 01:39 AM
I just enter Player View in order to see which topics a player can see.

It doesn't tell me how much they can see in each topic though, so isn't too useful to really see what information is available to players.
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old July 18th, 2016, 06:09 AM
I like it. +1
Dr_Automaton is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old July 18th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Although I see some benefit in this I still wonder why you want to know this? Why did you check all the reveal states of the topics?
And what would it say if a topic is revealed for 75%?
Fair questions.

The circumstance I was in is unlikely for most Realms: I was prepping topics for someone else to be able to view my Realm structure by adding them as a Player (in a Realm I'm not currently using for a game), and to get the whole story they needed large chunks of the Realm to be revealed. I could have saved a huge number of clicks if I'd known which ones were revealed.

But to provide a real situation - I'm not exactly great about revealing topics during play. Sometimes I'll create a topic during a game session and forget to reveal it. I usually catch that in my post-game review, and have to reveal it before sync. Not having to check the topic, but being able to see it from Navigation would save time.

In terms of partially revealed topics, I'm currently only thinking about the reveal state of the topic as a whole, not snippets within the topic.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old July 20th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I think this would be quite useful.
JustinThomason is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old July 20th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Fair questions.
But to provide a real situation - I'm not exactly great about revealing topics during play. Sometimes I'll create a topic during a game session and forget to reveal it. I usually catch that in my post-game review, and have to reveal it before sync. Not having to check the topic, but being able to see it from Navigation would save time.
Interesting. Your approach seems to be the opposite of mine.
I use the reveal button also as a ways for myself to know if i have given the information or not.

I do not like to make snippets or topics during game. It seems to slow things down. I only make notes and in the post game I sometimes make the necessary snippets or topics.
Cornelius is offline   #10 Reply With Quote