Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Coopernicus

Old August 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Just purchased the program...

1. How can I change the order the weapons appear on the printed sheet? I don't want gauntlet as the first one while his main weapon is on sheet #2...

2. How can I put the guy's mug shot on the printout?!

3. How does one add spikes on a shield?

4. I want this one guy to be able to wield a heavy steel shield as a light off-hand weapon. How do I make that happen?

Thanks to anyone who helps!
Coopernicus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2010, 11:08 AM
1) This capability is on my to-do list.

2) On the Personal tab, add one or more images. Right-click on the pictures and use the options there to make sure that the picture you want printed is at the top of the list. On the options section of the Configure hero form (that you saw when you first created your character, find the very last option - "Show Hero Portrait" - that should be checked by default, but make sure you didn't accidently un-check it at some point.

3) On the Armor tab, you'll see that there are two tables - the top one for custom/magic armor, the second for regular armor. Add a new piece of custom/magic armor. The first option you'll see in that list is "-Custom/Magic Armor-". On the form that pops up, select the appropriate shield, then "Click to add a new Special Ability", slightly below that. You'll find Shield Spikes in that list.

4) What's allowing your character to use it as a light off-hand weapon? A feat? A class ability? GM says so? Normally, heavy shields used as weapons are one-handed weapons. You have to sacrifice the damage and shield AC and use a light shield for shield bashing to get a light weapon.

If the answer is "GM says so", go to the adjust tab, add a Permanent Adjustment, find "Weapon Ease of Use" and add it, then select the shield as the weapon to apply it to.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Coopernicus

Old August 31st, 2010, 12:37 AM
Hmmm.. still seems off. How does one become proficient in using the shield as a weapon?

Wait... got it.

Last edited by Coopernicus; August 31st, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Coopernicus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Coopernicus

Old August 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
1) Great! A must have for the program for sure.

2) Cheers!

3) Perfect.

4) GM Says so. Thanks!
Coopernicus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopernicus View Post
Just purchased the program...

1. How can I change the order the weapons appear on the printed sheet? I don't want gauntlet as the first one while his main weapon is on sheet #2...

Thanks to anyone who helps!
After fiddling around some, I've figured out that the weapons are sorted on the character sheet in an alphabetical manner. To get around that program feature, you can create a custom weapon and take advantage of the ability to name the weapon in the custom weapon window. you can make this work for normal weapons buy creating a custom weapon with no other feature other than a custom name. The only thing is that the default name of the weapons is also included on the descriptor line with the custom name.

For example, if you create a custom heavy mace and name it "A Spiffy Mace", then that weapon will show up as A Spiffy Mace, Heavy Mace.

Small price to pay for being able to sort things properly. Also, you can get around that simply, by using a custom name of "a" or something unobtrusive.
Basilforth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote