Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old April 30th, 2016, 04:35 AM
I would add that I've done every Pinnacle Kickstarter except Deadlands: Noir (which I somehow completely missed) and they absolutely always deliver. Core PDFs of the books are usually available within about a month of the completion of the Kickstarter. Many backers like to go the Pinnacle forum and provide feedback on typos and any other mistakes they find and Pinnacle incorporates that errata into the PDF they eventually put up for sale on their website as well as into the print books. Stretch goals tend to get released at a steady pace after that usually culminating in any print items you might have backed for. They always deliver and do a really great job of it, in my experience. Then again that's pretty much par for the course for Shane and company anyway, thankfully.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Darq

Old April 30th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Is anyone already planning on doing a Data File for this? The guys at the Kick Starter are asking.
Darq is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2016, 08:16 AM
I've been too busy lately, I haven't even touched Wierd War 1. Maybe dartnet will be up to the task, though? Especially after doing The Last Parsec this might have some similarities. Besides, get enough of those guys on the Kickstarter to actually buy HeroLab for Savage Worlds and we might see a bit more official support from LoneWolf for us, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 30th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Kevin is not running the Kick Starter. Shane would not have started the Kick Starter if there was any chance of interference.
Given past history, I don't think "no chance of interference" is possible here. I'm sure Shane has taken what precautions he can, but Kevin's history is what it is, and its pretty bad.
Paragon is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Given past history, I don't think "no chance of interference" is possible here. I'm sure Shane has taken what precautions he can, but Kevin's history is what it is, and its pretty bad.
You may be right, of course, but I can say that from my interactions with Shane and other Pinnacle folks as well following them very closely ever since Hell on Earth came out in 1998 and the infamous Teller was GMing our game for us. Their track record is downright impeccable. Their Kickstarter record speaks for itself. The only things I can think of that ever fell through (and those did not have dates set in stone like this Kickstarter does) had to do with media rights for things like a Deadlands show. The only other slippages tended to deal with external authors but I don't remember any of those having concrete dates to begin with, and even those were before any of his Kickstarters anyway... all of those have been solidly delivered. In my experience Shane is not only good at covering his bases but when it comes to releasing details to his customers, and especially when he makes a promise, he flat follows through on it. It's that kind of behavior that not only leads me to trust him but that has made me a very loyal fan of PEG, Inc. over all of these years.

Of course in this instance there's no pressing need to back the Kickstarter if you're concerned about it since it's already funded. If you wanted to get the setting you can just wait and see how it all works out and just buy it from Pinnacle if you like what you see then. Backing the Kickstarter just gets you stuff earlier (even pre-published, but might need a final polish, set of PDFs if you want things that early) and helps support stretch goals for extra stuff to be included in the final product as well as to get any Kickstarter exclusive things (although I'm not sure if there are any for this, mind you.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:02 PM
People probably shouldn't pay too much attention to me here; I'm largely just expressing my cynicism about anything involving Siembieda, since I'm only marginally interested in this project. I have no reason to question any part of the PEG folks participation at all; as you say, they've been eminently professional in anything they've ever done I'm aware of.
Paragon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 3rd, 2016, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Maybe dartnet will be up to the task, though?

To quote Doc Holiday "I'll be your huckeberry." So yea I was a play tester for Savage Rifts. I have a good picture of what needs to go in to a data file. It looks like it will have to be a fan file to begin with.

That being said there is ALLOT of stuff that will need to be coded. If I were to work on a file I would like to get some help. Maybe this may be the first team effort.
dartnet is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 4th, 2016, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
To quote Doc Holiday "I'll be your huckeberry." So yea I was a play tester for Savage Rifts. I have a good picture of what needs to go in to a data file. It looks like it will have to be a fan file to begin with.

That being said there is ALLOT of stuff that will need to be coded. If I were to work on a file I would like to get some help. Maybe this may be the first team effort.
I'll certainly do what I can, although the real pro-coder here appears to be SeeleyOne. I'm just a dabbler compared to a lot of the stuff he tosses out.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 4th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I'll certainly do what I can, although the real pro-coder here appears to be SeeleyOne. I'm just a dabbler compared to a lot of the stuff he tosses out.
And I'm probably a step behind Zarlor, though I like to think I have a better handle on the SW stuff than the other game systems I've tried to work with.
Paragon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 22nd, 2016, 06:41 PM
Who has 2 thumbs, a certain PDF, and is no longer under there NDA?

So I am in the mood to code something tonight.....
dartnet is offline   #20 Reply With Quote