Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old May 30th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2chillo View Post
The file names are simply "monster name.jpg" with no path added. As i said the CSV is in the same directory as the image files. Any idea what would cause this error? If I remove the portrait from the import it works fine. Thanks
Hey Joe,

I think that the default path for images might not be the same directory which contains the CSV file. If you were to put in the full path, then it should work.

I will add a note to make sure that the default path is correct.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #241 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 30th, 2018, 02:24 PM
I've just checked the code, and it IS changing to the folder containing the CSV file before generating the RWEXPORT file.

Is there anything unusual about the path to the folder containing the CSV and image files?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #242 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old May 30th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I've just checked the code, and it IS changing to the folder containing the CSV file before generating the RWEXPORT file.

Is there anything unusual about the path to the folder containing the CSV and image files?
Nothing odd. The CSV is in the same folder as the images. And I tried using the full folder path as well. Same error. This is super weird. Is there some place I can see a log file with specifics on errors?
joe2chillo is offline   #243 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 30th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Nothing odd. The CSV is in the same folder as the images. And I tried using the full folder path as well. Same error. This is super weird. Is there some place I can see a log file with specifics on errors?
Hi, no there's no log file.

The displayed error message is the only indication that it failed to locate the image file.

If it is a long path to the folder containing the CSV and images, could you try moving it to be a base folder on your drive and see if that makes any difference (something simple like c:\importcsv maybe)

Farling

Farling is offline   #244 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old May 31st, 2018, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Hi, no there's no log file.

The displayed error message is the only indication that it failed to locate the image file.

If it is a long path to the folder containing the CSV and images, could you try moving it to be a base folder on your drive and see if that makes any difference (something simple like c:\importcsv maybe)
Gave this a shot but same error. Would spaces in the image file name cause an issue? It didn't when I did this previously but I can't image what else the problem is.

EDIT: I tried a file I had used successfully previously a couple months ago and I am getting the same error. I have no idea what is wrong.

Last edited by joe2chillo; May 31st, 2018 at 06:41 AM.
joe2chillo is offline   #245 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 1st, 2018, 12:01 AM
Quote:
EDIT: I tried a file I had used successfully previously a couple months ago and I am getting the same error. I have no idea what is wrong.
I don't know why it would be necessary for my little tool, but as it seems to be broken could you try reinstalling it?

Farling

Farling is offline   #246 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old June 1st, 2018, 06:47 AM
Quote:
I don't know why it would be necessary for my little tool, but as it seems to be broken could you try reinstalling it?
I did try that but I installed over the existing copy. I will try to remove it completely and then install it.
joe2chillo is offline   #247 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old June 6th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Is it possible to get line breaks like this on imports? Searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.

CSV:
Code:
Name, Size, Languages
Bob,Medium,Aklo|Common|Sylvan
Output:
Code:
Name: Bob
Size: Medium
Languages: Aklo
           Common
           Sylvan
nightpanda2810 is offline   #248 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 6th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Is it possible to get line breaks like this on imports? Searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.
You can put double quotes around a field that contains line breaks. So you could do:

Bob,Medium,"Aklo
Common
Sylvan"

This is part of the standard CSV format.

Farling

Farling is offline   #249 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old June 6th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
You can put double quotes around a field that contains line breaks. So you could do:

Bob,Medium,"Aklo
Common
Sylvan"

This is part of the standard CSV format.
That's the first thing I tried, but within Realmworks it just puts spaces between them. I'm using Notepad++ to generate the CSV.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #250 Reply With Quote