Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Spence

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Ditto

Any news?
Spence is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
MarvelUA

Old February 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm interested in more info as well, obviously. I just ran into this now and found out about it. And without sounding like a critic, I guess I'm curious what's going to be the difference / advantage of using Realm Works over something online (and free) like Obsidian Portal?

That's me: burning structural foam and building models...
How did these guys get the best facebook statuses?
MarvelUA is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaourth View Post
Any news about RW ?
Please direct your attention to our "State of the Wolf" update that was posted two weeks ago. We provide an update on Realm Works in the update, which you'll find at the URL below:
http://wolflair.com/index.php?contex..._the_wolf_2011
rob is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelUA View Post
I'm interested in more info as well, obviously. I just ran into this now and found out about it. And without sounding like a critic, I guess I'm curious what's going to be the difference / advantage of using Realm Works over something online (and free) like Obsidian Portal?
You'll have the opportunity to make that assessment for yourself when we release Realm Works.

From our perspective, there are lots of features in Realm Works that Obsidian Portal does not (and in many cases can't) offer. It's a very different approach to managing content for RPGs that is designed from the ground up for use with RPGs. We believe it's a huge leap forward, and we'll see whether everyone agrees with us in a few months.
rob is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I for one am planning on getting this when it is released. If it ties in with Hero Labs and can go back and forth with the interface of both would be awesome. From the sounds of this Obsidian Portal will have nothing on it!
Nikmal is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 18th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I plan on picking up a copy at Gen Con this year, if its out by then.

Also I haven't seen a beta test announcement go out, unless i missed it.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I have to say theres one planned feature that has me intrigued and more that a little concearned....its mentioned that HL well be made interactive some how on different computers....(ie A GM able to pull up another players charater and make changes aand or correction to said pc from their computer and having that info stored to the players computer.while no doubt this will be very useful in colaborative efforts, i see a use potential for abuse and invasion of privacy should any falling out occur between gms and former players. will there be safeguards to any such link??
atlarman is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 20th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I thought about that as well, what i intend to do is just let the players make changes, then i can secretlly view aspects of their character in order to do sneaky things.

Is that what DMs do, MMUUUAAAHHHHH!!!!

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I thought about that as well, what i intend to do is just let the players make changes, then i can secretlly view aspects of their character in order to do sneaky things.

Is that what DMs do, MMUUUAAAHHHHH!!!!
certainly not all DMS will do such things- but privacy and security and choices on with whom and when you what to gfrant access of this type should be considered and any one time granting of access to anyones data should NOT be on going or in any way expose either users licenes IMO
atlarman is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
After having some dealing with Rob and especially Colen I can say these are very smart forwarding thinking guys. So I would be very very surprised to find out that they had not already thought about this issue and implemented safe guards. Even something as simple as having HL/RW able to block access by IP address.

I also don't see why passing or sending of HL license info would be any part of having realm works talk to HL. Their could be a Network ID that gets generated for each install of HL/RW but the actual license info would have to remain nice and secure on your local computer.

Worst case is that if very worried one can always just have your Firewall block the port that HL/RW is using. That would stop all access cold.

Just my thoughts anyways....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote