Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowWalker

Old June 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
How do you make new Integral Mods for amour?
Trying to figure out how to make some of the new armor in Run and Gun and I'm thinking it would be quicker if some of the properties were there instead of having to duplicate existing gear.
ShadowWalker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Make the mod on the equipment tab. Use the "Modification Category" option to make it an armor mod.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:00 PM
How do you tell if the armor is active? I can tell if the mod is active, but being that the mods on the new armor can't be turned off they are always active, unless the armor is in active. Is this possible to do, or do I need to allow for the mod to be inactive?
ShadowWalker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Time to learn something about how to travel around all the things that have been added to a character: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21663

The eval script is in the pick context, and you can be sure that you're in a gizmo, as long as this is a mod-only thing, and you didn't assign it an "Equipment Category" option.

So, from the mod, how are you going to travel to the parent item, which is the armor?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I played around with Chemical Protection to see how it works, and it turns off when the armor is deactivated. I can't seem to find anything that makes it deactivate the Chemical Protection. So I gather it's built in to the armor, but what I'm trying to do isn't deactivating when the armor is deactivated which means I'm missing something. I'm just not sure what.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Armor ratings have their own mechanism that's not the same as the default - mods that are armor always adds their armor bonuses to its parent armor, but then whether that parent armor applies its armor bonuses to the hero is dependent on whether the armor is equipped.

Normal Eval scripts need to check both themselves and their parent.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the help. Now to figure out how to do variable armor based on user selection on if it's stacked or not.
ShadowWalker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote