Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

EricaOdd

Old August 14th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Cool, thanks!
EricaOdd is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 5th, 2015, 03:10 PM
A "Basic Value" already existing in Derived Traits. We have to use an eval script to make it work. It is where we do
Code:
field[trtBonus].value += 0
in Traits 4000, after Calc trtFinal and before Derived trtFinal. In my opinion, since it is integral to the point of having a Derived Trait, it should be default coding. Modification to that is worthy of an eval script, but the 0 should be default. Also, the Derived Trait should have a print/no print option. There are many cases where having it exist, but not necessarily printed out on the character sheet, would be really great.

Edges and Hindrances should also have a basic value, also of 0. Again, it can be modified by eval scripts, but more importantly it would be great if it can be easily be modified by other scripts (as edges and hindrances can already modify attributes, skills, and derived traits). Maybe the choice of whether or not it is displayed is another tag option, similar to print/no print.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 5th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I have coding experience. I have done Java, C, C++, Bash, Perl, and Python. For web-based I have experience with html 4, html 5, javascript, jquery, and jquery mobile. I will start to learn C# when the semester starts on the 12th. Looking through the source files the coding syntax is pretty simple. I am willing to help out if it will make the program work better for all of us.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 6th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I'd like to also see on the In Play tab under Temporary Adjustments a new entry just for Custom Entries. That way I can select a modifier and just put a note what it's for without having to select something that it modifies and I can see those modifiers all on the same page rather than having to switch to the Personal tab to see the notes there.

Also I'd like to have a Temporary modifier there (maybe we'll get this in the SFC anyway) that allows me to add and modify a skill I don't have on the character. For example I have a Cyborg character with a chip that has a skill on it my character does not have on his own, so having a Temp adjustment would allow me to quickly "jack in" that skill.

Finally, being able to scroll the columns, like the Abilities column in particular, would be really helpful. I've taken to including things like Maneuvers there as a reminder of all the things players can have their characters do, even worse in that I've got things like cyber gear there, and in a couple of games we have characters over legendary now so that columns is long past the size of my screen so being able to see it all would be really helpful.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 8th, 2015, 06:44 PM
As has been commented, it would be nice for Preclude to be easier to use; at the very least have a pull-down for precluded items rather than having to put in the id and the source manually each time.
Paragon is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
bartelsmr

Old March 10th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Support I'd like to see:

1. Savage Worlds Deluxe

2. Fantasy Companion

3. All other "Companions"

4. Make character sheet layout (not artwork) as with most other modern settings, and the "official" Savage Worlds Deluxe. Specifically, layout advancements as these sheets do. The general look and feel of the existing sheet should be retained - I'm not looking for setting specific artwork at all.

5. Support for Settings: a) Agents of Oblivion, b) Realms of Cthulu, c) Shaintar, d) Sundered Skies
bartelsmr is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 10th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Bartelsmr,

What do you mean by the first 3? The current iteration of Hero Lab is SWD and theFantasy Companion is available as an add-on (as is the Horror Companion and Super Powers Companion 1). Is there something specific from those that you see as not being supported?

For character sheet, there are ways to do that, it's just not even remotely easy. The sheets in the source folder can be copied up a level and renamed to .user and it takes a ton of work to figure out and change those, or you can use the xml export function to try to get the data out of a sheet and into some other forma (which the Pathfinder folks have done a pretty good job with because they have some java programmers over there that are very capable of doing that stuff... the best we have here right now is that I've made an extended character sheet that just included detail text for stuff instead of summary text, but even that simple change was practically beyond my ability.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; March 10th, 2015 at 05:57 AM.
zarlor is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Check out the Savage Setting Index thread.

For Shaintar go here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7wn3gr9d...N7nJ69ePa?dl=0
dartnet is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
Hero Lab suggestions:

Hi, I have been creating Savage Worlds fan files HL for awhile and I have a few ideas to help make the product ever better for the users and the data file authors.

A Special Table: This table should be in the edges tab and cover the ever increasing number of character options that are not Edges, Hindrances, or Rewards. Examples include, Mutations (Hell on Earth), Card Draws (Veteran o' the Weird West), and Random Table Rolls (Mad Scientist Deadlands Reloaded). This should be a resource. Scripts can be set up to enforce the amount of which type needs to be selected. Just like you can do with Edges. In the editor Specials should be set up in the Editor exactly like Edges minus the Arcane Backgrounds Tag.

Add the Standard Gear Tag to all the equipment from the Companions. That way when you add use the Horror Companion in your Pirates of the Spanish Main Game not getting atomic ghost packs and digital cameras.

Add the Setting Rule: Blood & Guts which precludes the No Mercy Edge.

Add the Miscellaneous Options: No Arcane Backgrounds precludes the following edges: edgAdept edgArcMag edgArcMir edgArcPsi edgArcSci edgArcSup edgChamp edgGadget edgHolyWar edgMental edgMrFixIt edgWizard

No Arcane Powers which precludes the following: edgAdept edgArcMag edgArcMir edgArcPsi edgArcSci edgArcSup edgChamp edgGadget edgHolyWar edgMental edgMrFixIt edgNewPwr edgPwrPts edgPwrSurg edgRapRch edgRapRch2 edgSoulDrn edgWizard skFaith skPsionics skSpellcst skWeirdSci

The first one is for settings that use different Arcane Background but may still use the same Arcane Skills. There 2nd is for setting that do not user Arcane Backgrounds at all.

All 3 should be added to the Setting Adjustment tab in the Editor.
dartnet is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 24th, 2015, 07:07 AM
It occurs to me that from my experience with the one Edge I couldn't do properly in Broken Earth that there should be some access to the initiative tracker in the tactical console in an indirect way (a set of tags with specific effects perhaps) since from looking at the appropriate edges, currently my guess would be that the Console code is just looking at specific Edges to do specific things, so there's no way to put in something new that manipulates initiative without getting into the console code itself.
Paragon is offline   #120 Reply With Quote