Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Gladiator66

Old July 1st, 2018, 06:48 PM
Is there a way to change the speed of a minion / mount in the 5e SRD due to an bonus from a magic item? For example, Horseshoes of Speed increase the speed of a mount by 30 ft. and I would like to automate the speed increase when I equip the horseshoes. I have been looking through information on transitions, but haven't seen anything on how to transition to a minion or mount, or if it is even possible.

I checked the scripting for Horseshoes of Speed in Pathfinder and it only changes the speed of the hero and not the minion/mount. If it wasn't configured in Pathfinder, then it may not be possible or easily done.

Playing since the J. Eric Holmes original Basic set in 1977.
Gladiator66 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:53 AM
I can think of a couple of ways you can try this.

1. Add the Adjustment "Speed" to your minion.

2. Make a copy of the horseshoes, add the script that adds speed to the hero, give the item to the mount/minion. I would also add the ability to be equipped, so you could allow a mount/minion to carry the item in a saddlebag without getting a speed increase. You can give gear on your hero to a minion by clicking on the bag icon and choosing Give to Hero - and the name of your mount.

3. Make a copy of the horseshoes, add the ability to be activated. Add a script that says when the horseshoes are activated, add 30 to the minion.childfound[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value --- this will be much trickier since you'll have to write logic that targets only a specific minion, probably adding a choice dropdown of all minions, etc.

My choice would be either 1 or 2 since they are both really easy.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gladiator66

Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:50 PM
Excellent ideas. I may even try Option 3 since I had already created the choice dropdown that lets me select which minion. I wasn't aware that "minion" could be used in one of the transition statements as you've shown. If I can't get Option 3 to work, I'll use one of the other two. Thanks again.

Gladiator66 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gladiator66

Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:59 PM
Got it working within minutes after reading DungeonGuru's recommended options. The dropdown is set up to only include minions that have the tag for mounts. I used the following:

field[usrChosen1].chosen.minion.childfound[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value += 30

Last edited by Gladiator66; July 2nd, 2018 at 04:01 PM.
Gladiator66 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote