Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warmachine & Hordes

Notices

falsevariablex

Old January 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Am I doing something wrong?!

I can only see a few warcasters, and limited number of jacks...

Many units and solos seem to be missing as well.

info appreciated!

Thanks,
FVX
falsevariablex is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Altahara

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:16 AM
I hate to say it but no.. youre not doing anything wrong that i can see... There are no warcasters for mercenaries...
Altahara is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
jaapaap

Old February 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
[deleted]

Last edited by rob; February 2nd, 2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Advertisement
jaapaap is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
jack frost

Old February 1st, 2010, 09:31 AM
[deleted advertisements]

honestly, any good company out there would allow free list construction tools and it's a sham that lone wolf makes money off of other games without contributing anything back to them.

Last edited by rob; February 2nd, 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Advertisements
jack frost is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Kirusk

Old February 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
"In a nutshell, Lone Wolf Development is a very small company that believes it can accomplish more than other companies of much larger size. How is this possible? Through innovative ideas, unconventional approaches, determination, hard work, and a heartfelt commitment to excellence. Lone Wolf Development is built upon integrity and other old-fashioned values that are becoming scarce in today's corporate culture. Perhaps we're idealists, but we like to think the qualitative results we achieve makes it all worthwhile."

That is from their "About Us" section.

I'm glad sending cease and desist letters to Privateer Press while simultaneously ripping off their copyrighted game information is considered in line with old-fashioned values. Pretty classy LWD.
Kirusk is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Erik

Old February 1st, 2010, 10:21 AM
I agree. The letter was bush league and just bad business. I will happily encourage other players not to use this product. I enjoyed it for 40K but can't in good conscience continue to refer people to this software if they are going to take this stance with their customers.
Erik is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 1st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Wow, you two just sign up today to post those two messages? I have no idea what either of your are talking about, so I'll just assume it's troll fodder...

There are plenty of free tools out there, and there's also paper and pencil. But Army Builder offers you the ability to build armies for virtually any game out there...and, if there aren't files available for the game you want, you can make your own. Like I did for Warmachine/Hordes and Confrontation and AT-43.

One new feature of the files will allow you to print out all the damage grids of your 'jacks. It will also eventually allow you to track the 'jacks in an existing battlegroup for the bonds. I also don't think the MK I rules are available on the free tools, they are in my Army Builder files.

No, not everything has been ported to MK II, but not everything is truly released for MK II. I am working on translating the contents of the Pirates of the Broken Coast army book along with the contents of Legends. They should be out soon, possibly the first week of February.

What is out now is the Prime MK II rulebook contents.

Cheers,
The Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Erik

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
What we were referring to is the poorly worded cease and desist that Rob sent to Privateer over the weekend. The community over there is less than happy about the way that Rob suggests we be "educated" about the product's trademark or his IP rights. Additionally, Rob's letter threatened to more or less play hardball unless PP did what he wanted them to within the next 72 hours.

I am glad that you enjoy the product, that doesn't change the fact that LoneWolf made a PR mistake here and may have lost a bit of business because of it.

I for one, won't be back so you don't need to be concerned that I am "trolling", but I wanted you to know what the ire was about.
Erik is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
jaapaap

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Article about this, can be found here:
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/02/01/33231
jaapaap is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:51 AM
Ah, so it actually has absolutely nothing to do with Privateer Press. It has to do with a forum.

Army Builder is a trademarked name and they are trying to protect their product. I'm not sure why you or anyone else would be upset. Rob's letter has absolutely nothing to do with Privateer Press, Warmachine/Hordes or your playing of those games.

Thanks for the info.

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #20 Reply With Quote