Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Seeker1728

Old January 24th, 2016, 01:24 PM
After the last update, which cleared up a error message I was getting after every entry, I noticed I can no longer have multiple .por files open anymore. Typically I have 3 or 4 of them open at any time, as my group and I prefer to use the HL file as a character sheet, rather than printing one out.

This is also a serious aggravation for me when it comes to digging into the editor, as previously I would have a character sheet open and then create a copy of it to dig into the tables and what not to experiment with different ways to assemble custom tables.

Now I can't do either.

Is there a setting I need to enable or is this something that was arbritrarily removed for some reason? If the later, how about reversing that and returning user friendliness?
Seeker1728 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Do you mean you can't open multiple copies of Hero Lab at the same time? Or that you can't load more than one character into the same portfolio?

If you can't load multiple copies at the same time, look in the Tools menu. At the bottom of that is "Diagnostics". There, make sure that you do not have "Enable Debug Tracing" turned on - that setting is only used for tracking down certain errors, and while active, prevents multiple copies of the program from being launched, so that it can trace the activity of the current copy without interference.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Seeker1728

Old January 24th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Mathias;

Big thank you for getting back so quickly to me.

And you nailed it, for some reason that was checked on. One of my group members is a programmer and we had run into a snag with one of the tables (totally a error on our end) and he traced down the snag for our group. He had used my computer to debug our table, but must've forgotten to uncheck that when he was done.

Learned a new thing to check, thanks again
Seeker1728 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote