Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old July 28th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
This is not something we would implement with something that chooses settlements and buildings if we were doing this book (maybe just a text field to let the user write those in) - this doesn't create long-term record keeping entries on the kingdom other than the initial cost of the edict, and recording the finished magic item at the end - just let the user fill in the amount of unrest for the exact details of how they're implementing the edict.

Manipulating costs of things that the user is purchasing before the user purchases them (so that the cost is changed for the user) is not something that can be done from the editor - you need access to the core files and the purchase scripts. So that will also have to be a text-only ability that is up to the user to apply at the game table.
The way I desire to implement this is to have the math handled by hero labs. My players (and myself, tbh) are really quite terrible at math. Not to mention that the book keeping of the kingdom building aspect of kingdom building do get kinda... insane, especially after you pass the 50 hex claimed point.

Now, I do notice that your word choice, became rather formal in your reply, was that intentional? Did I stumble into something that was taboo? Like working with something that is dangerous for the program in terms of making it break, or legally? (honestly curious not being critical)

Last edited by TobyFox2002; July 28th, 2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: used kingmaker, when I meant to say "kingdom building"
TobyFox2002 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote