Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

talsharien

Old September 24th, 2018, 04:35 AM
I suspect that this has been mentioned before, but I wanted to raise it again and also explain some difficulties.

I run two online games a week which have both just converted across to the New PF2 playtest rules. On the back of this, I have finally bought a HLO license and started convincing my players to do the same. Thus far; two of my 8 players have purchased and love the software; until it came time to send me their characters.

You know where I am going here but I will share with you two scenarios.

1) My players all purchase the software, forcing me to constantly update 8 character sheets before each session manually (from the rather poor print to pdf option).

2) My players log on online with me each week and share screen to update their characters directly to my system. I then send them a pdf.

Both options create work for me but I am currently favouring option 2.

Until we get an Import/Export function you will lose revenue over this.

I appreciate that you have a lot of Priorities (especially with PF releasing updates every week). But this is stopping me from purchasing a Starfinder license at the moment and preventing 6 of my players from buying any kind of license.

I will leave you guys to do the math on this one.

I would like to state that this is not me complaining in any way, I love HLO and already prefer it to classic.

Just an observation that would of course make my life easier.
talsharien is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old September 24th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Great feedback! We absolutely have plans in the future to allow players to send their GMs characters in a much more streamlined way. Thank you for sticking with us through the growing stages!
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 24th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Do you (as GM) need a copy of the PC's character sheets?
I've run an adventure path without them.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 24th, 2018, 10:07 AM
This is something that I can do without most of the time, but with this being a playtest it is useful to have such visibility. Checking spell descriptions, feats and skills is much better in HLO than working from the PDF (which is a little chaotic at the moment).

Additionally, when running a group face to face this is a lot easier, but when your PC group is spread across 3 continents and purely online, I need to make sure that characters are legal etc

Last edited by talsharien; September 24th, 2018 at 10:10 AM.
talsharien is offline   #4 Reply With Quote