Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 26th, 2017, 05:28 AM
Alright, within the next few days I will be putting together the install ".hl" files for the my community update. However, before I can do so I have a question to ask regarding what files I should include.

Since the last update that I have released I have received, from various HL users, and worked on some myself, some non-campaign specific supplement files. Complete Arcane, Dragon Magic, Frostburn, Libris Mortis and Races of the Dragon. While Complete Arcane will be included regardless because it contains the very requested WARLOCK class.

I personally believe that all supplements are fair game to be added, and while I acknowledge and understand the point of view that much of the 3.x content has been either added to Pathfinder or left out for a reason. I feel that there is something to be said for the play style of using the old prestige, spells, feats and options that some GMS and players might wish to use.

My leaning is to include them, and unless I receive significant feedback to the contrary, that is what I will do. I just wanted to ask here first for other peoples' view on the matter.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 26th, 2017, 06:00 AM
An option to turn on or off certain books could be nice
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 26th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
An option to turn on or off certain books could be nice
All books would have the option to turn on or off various source material. As well as the new (new this release) options for many of my sourcebooks to show only spells/psionics from a given set.

Also, I am doing my best to remove the source errors by getting rid of 90% of all precludes replacing them with mechanics.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 26th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Well by including them as you see fit then updates will be as smooth as they have been for the most part, hell even better I wager. I don't see anyone making a 3.5 conversion pack in addition to what you are providing so I would say just make it one HL file. I am assuming that is where your question(s) are going? Since you have sourced them there shouldn't be any backlash or issues.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 26th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Include them all in the HL file, as long as the sources are allocated correctly and there are options to toggle on or off.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 27th, 2017, 08:42 PM
+1 to that then, I love your conversions
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2017, 09:13 PM
There may be a slight delay to everything. The most recent pathfinder update has really borked my code. It compiles but it gives some pretty vague timing errors. That I cant do submit any update stuff unless I want to pass those errors on to everyone else.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 29th, 2017, 09:38 AM
RELEASE UPDATE: I am just doing some final bug testing as I pack up all the files. Everything should be ready for release on Monday or Tuesday (5/1-2/2017).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SilentLucidity77

Old October 3rd, 2021, 02:04 PM
Hello, I'm new to Hero Lab and building a Necromancer who is able to use the Libris Mortis for feats. Was the community pack described in this thread ever completed because it would be a godsend for me.
SilentLucidity77 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote