Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jbearwillis

Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Hey ShadowChemosh, Would you have the PRPGtraits: SkillTraining and the PRPGtraits: Exotic Weapon Training (Combat) from that page coded up and would be willing to share. Those 2 sound like very good idea's and would love to use those in my game.
jbearwillis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
gauldin

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I also thought about going the trait route, but everyone had already chosen and started playing with their set of traits, and I think of those as something that's more inherent to who your character is, as opposed to something you learn (my bias).

ShadowChemosh, one of the things I really love about the HL editor is how easy (most of the time!) it is to implement house rules. My group has been together a LONG time, and for most of our history we played AD&D (2E). There, the DM could just say "OK, I'll allow X", and you'd scribble something on your character sheet and be done with it. But with the growth in complexity with 3.0/3.5/PF and then 4E, you really have to rely on automated tools for managing all the interactions of your feats, skills, gear, etc. With the HL editor, I feel like I, as DM, am back in control instead of the rules/tools controlling what I can do.
gauldin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 4th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
Hey ShadowChemosh, Would you have the PRPGtraits: SkillTraining and the PRPGtraits: Exotic Weapon Training (Combat) from that page coded up and would be willing to share. Those 2 sound like very good idea's and would love to use those in my game.
Sure no problem at all. I have attached a file to this post with those traits.

HERE is a link to download the whole Shadow d20 package which is my houserules file. I DO NOT recommend for anyone to install this in your normal Pathfinder folder. It will NOT work with any of the community packages and it does lots of strange things cause of my houserules.

But if you wanted to load it into say "Pathfinder_Shadowd20" so you could pull out small pieces of it for your own games that is totally fine. The wiki is a little behind but if its on the wiki then it will be coded up in the package.

But I won't support this package if your not one of my players. Why I say its good to take from and to install into a "secondary" data folder away from your normal pathfinder stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: email PFRPG_Shadowd20_Traits.user (2.3 KB, 2 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 4th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauldin View Post
ShadowChemosh, one of the things I really love about the HL editor is how easy (most of the time!) it is to implement house rules. My group has been together a LONG time, and for most of our history we played AD&D (2E). There, the DM could just say "OK, I'll allow X", and you'd scribble something on your character sheet and be done with it. But with the growth in complexity with 3.0/3.5/PF and then 4E, you really have to rely on automated tools for managing all the interactions of your feats, skills, gear, etc. With the HL editor, I feel like I, as DM, am back in control instead of the rules/tools controlling what I can do.
Just wanted to say I totally agree with this part!

Plus with all my players using HL now I no longer have to spend time double checking character sheets or reminding players of any houserules. It so frees up my time for world building and prep work instead.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote