Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gauldin

Old April 29th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I'm probably doing something fundamentally stupid, but I can't figure out what it is. I'm trying to create a new feat to give proficiency in all exotic weapons. I'm not even getting to the interesting part - I can't get a new feat to show up in HL.

I opened the editor, and made a copy of Druid Weapon Proficiencies. I changed only the name, unique ID, summary text, and short name. I hit Test Now, and everything compiled fine, and it said my new feat was ready to use. However, when I try to add the feat to a character, it doesn't show up in the list of feats.

Any idea what I've done wrong? I swear I've gotten this to work before, but don't know what I did or didn't do here.
gauldin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 29th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Druid Weapon Proficiency is a feat which is not selectable, only bootstrapped. When you copied it, your new feat has the same tags that make it non-selectable. Delete the Helper.Helper tag on your feat and it should show.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 29th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Another note to make sure is that if you give it a source make sure that source is enabled. I've come across that a few times where I created a new source and forgot to enable it before going to test my stuff.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gauldin

Old April 29th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Getting rid of Helper.Helper did the trick - thanks! Now to figure out how to enable proficiency with *all* exotic weapons.
gauldin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gauldin

Old April 29th, 2014, 02:47 PM
OK, now on to the interesting part. Having created the feat (thanks Aaron!), I added the following eval script (stolen from ShadowChemosh in another post, where it was used on Race):

~ Make proficient in all exotic weapons
foreach thing in BaseWep where "wProfReq.Exotic"
perform eachthing.pulltags[WepProf.?]
nexteach

var sTags as string
~ Pull all the weapon tags
sTags = tagids[WepProf.?,"|"]
~ Loop through all the weapon picks and set hepler tag
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where sTags
perform eachpick.assign[Helper.ExoticProf]
nexteach

However, even with this feat selected, the character's katana is listed as not proficient. I tried the script both at First/600 and then at Post-attributes/10000 with no percieved difference. Any suggestions?
gauldin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauldin View Post
Getting rid of Helper.Helper did the trick - thanks! Now to figure out how to enable proficiency with *all* exotic weapons.
That bird race ummmm "Tengu" thats it. They have a racial special that gives them proficieny with all swords. I would suggest taking a look at the script on that to get a starting point.

Basically what you will need to do is loop through all the BaseWep "Things" for the "Exotic" tag. In the loop create the Proficiency tag based on the eachthing found and place that on the hero.

And look at this even more helpful is a POST that asks to do the same exact thing. And it even provides info and a working script.

Yea totally worth using search as a good amount of the time a question has already been answered.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Quote:
OK, now on to the interesting part. Having created the feat (thanks Aaron!), I added the following eval script (stolen from ShadowChemosh in another post, where it was used on Race):

~ Make proficient in all exotic weapons
nexteach

var sTags as string
~ Pull all the weapon tags
sTags = tagids[WepProf.?,"|"]
~ Loop through all the weapon picks and set hepler tag
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where sTags
nexteach

However, even with this feat selected, the character's katana is listed as not proficient. I tried the script both at First/600 and then at Post-attributes/10000 with no percieved difference. Any suggestions?
That script is pretty close but a little different in that it won't make you proficient until you "choose" the weapon. As its going after "picks" or Weapons that have been picked and added to your character.

The post above gives code that will allow HL to show you proficient before you select it.

I think its suggested to use both so things like Bastard Swords work correctly 1-handed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old April 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
This is what is used for a class in the Secrets of Adventure

Code:
Pre-Levels/5000:

~we’re proficient with the firearm and siege weapon categories of exotic weapons

perform hero.assign[Hero.ProfGun]

perform hero.assign[Hero.ProfSiege]

~Collect all relevant WepProf tags to ourselves and then apply them to hero. This ensures when a weapon is viewed as a thing (such as before you buy it), it shows black rather than greyed out as non-proficient.

nexteach

perform hero.pushtags[WepProf.?]

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wProfReq.Exotic"

nexteach
Sorry if this comes out funky I'm on my phone.
AndrewD2 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
gauldin

Old April 30th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Thanks, ShadowChemosh - the script in the referenced post did the trick. I'd tried searching, which was how I found the script I originally used, but didn't come across this post. Sorry to be a bother.
gauldin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Thanks, ShadowChemosh - the script in the referenced post did the trick. I'd tried searching, which was how I found the script I originally used, but didn't come across this post. Sorry to be a bother.
Its not bother. I was just an FYI about lots of info can be found on this forum and I think I posted that before I noticed you had already found some stuff by searching. When I first was learning I used "search" here ALLOT and eventually you get better at which keywords to use to find an example.

I guess I had a hand up though as I searched for "foreach thing" as I knew that had to be in the script.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote