Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pandect

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I've just rejoined the local RPing community after a ~15 year absence. So I was completely overwhelmed as to how much the RP landscape has changed since the days of AD&D V2.

Firstly, just let me say what a wonderful tool Hero Lab is. ***WARNING - FANBOI MOMENT *** I'm only using the D20 system at the moment but I'm really impressed with it. So impressed, that I have started a Book of Vile Darkness data file for my benevolently challenged NPCs & Mob bosses.

So before I get too deep into it (I've just completed the level one spell list). I need to ask a few questions of the community.

1) Has anyone started a BVD data file already ?

2) Who owns the 3.0 / 3.5 source book material now ?

Cheers in advance

P.

Update (edit): This is still a work in progress. Be warned ! This is Adult content ...

Added 4 Vile cleric domains so far (more to add) with granted powers and domain spells.
Added 19 Vile feats so far (more to add) with prerequisites, bonuses and penalties. No existing feats have been replaced.
Added 2 Vile races, Jerren (Halfling) & Vasharan (pre-Human).
Added 3 Vile specials so far (more to add) as granted powers with prerequisites, bonuses and penalties.
Added 92 Vile spells so far (more to add). No existing spells have been replaced.
Added 9 new weapons (torture equipment) with prerequisites, bonuses and penalties.

Last edited by Pandect; April 30th, 2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Updated
Pandect is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 19th, 2013, 03:48 PM
2) I'm not totally clear on what you mean. If you mean the licensceing, HL only has permission to use the core 3 books, so we can't support anything beyond that officially. There is an active community that makes fan-made files to share though, which I am sure you can find a link to somewhere on this forum. Before I joined the company I did lots of little bits of different books, and Sendric now maintains those files, while Chiefweasel hosts them on his site.

1) I believe there is part of the Book of Vile Darkness done in the Community files... I know that I did some of the Book of Exalted Deeds, so I must have done a part of it's counterpart. I'm sure Sendric would welcome the addition of anything you make, and if you have questions on how to create something, feel free to post here on the forums for help.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
2) I'm not totally clear on what you mean. If you mean the licensceing, HL only has permission to use the core 3 books, so we can't support anything beyond that officially. There is an active community that makes fan-made files to share though, which I am sure you can find a link to somewhere on this forum. Before I joined the company I did lots of little bits of different books, and Sendric now maintains those files, while Chiefweasel hosts them on his site.

1) I believe there is part of the Book of Vile Darkness done in the Community files... I know that I did some of the Book of Exalted Deeds, so I must have done a part of it's counterpart. I'm sure Sendric would welcome the addition of anything you make, and if you have questions on how to create something, feel free to post here on the forums for help.
Pandect, Aaron meant Cheeseweasel, not Chiefweasel.

http://www.cheeseweasel.net/

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Chiefweasel is the name of the person's handle on the forums, though his company is Cheese Weasel Productions.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 20th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Why, yes. Yes, I would welcome any such addition. At the current moment, though, I'm afraid there is nothing in the community set from the Book of Vile Darkness (sorry, Aaron). If you want to work on it, and add it to the community set that would be awesome. Let me know if you have any questions.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pandect

Old March 21st, 2013, 01:46 AM
I've downloaded the Lawful_G content ... wow so many files.

Unfortunately I had duplicate cleric domain tag compile errors right from the get-go. So at least I know there is some BoVD content in there somewhere.

Searching through the files now.
Pandect is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 21st, 2013, 03:50 AM
Look for cleric domains in the Spell Compendium files, in particular
Lord Magus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Look for cleric domains in the Spell Compendium files, in particular
Yes. Its likely that whatever is there is coming from another source. Cleric Domains in particular would be in the file 'Spell Comp Domains'. The same could be true for magic items if they appear in the Magic Item Compendium.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Pandect

Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Another question ...

What tags do I need on Domain Powers (Special) picks to include them in the Special panel ?

*Edit* Got it, I just have to bootstrap the Domain Power from the Clerical Domain. Is this right ?

Last edited by Pandect; March 22nd, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Pandect is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
If is showing up then sure. I can't remember off the top of my head, but take a look at the Spell Comp Domains file and compare how those are done.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote