Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Techrig

Old January 29th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Hi folks, i've run into some realm works issues and hoping some of you guys have seen the issue. I run Realmworks on a PC and a surface pro 2 tablet (for those not familiar, a pro 2 tablet is basically a laptop that's very small or a hybrid). Recently the pro 2 upgraded itself from windows 8 pro to windows 10 pro. Afterwards i was testing programs and Realmworks wouldn't work. So i uninstalled it and it seemed to work, but when i first tried to open it i got the following message "You have tried to upgrade data from an old version of realm works. realm works is unable to automatically perform this upgrade. please contact support to determin options availible for you." The version is 1.0.1085.245, the same as the PC but i get the error. I've even tried to copy the files from the pc to the SP2 to install it and no change. I checked the requirements, I'm running a full version of windows and i have enough ram and hdd space. Short of formatting the tablet i really don't know what else to do, and at this point i'm not confident that would solve the issue.
Techrig is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 30th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Well, did you upgrade RW in the process and had a very old version before? Or did you just upgrade windows?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 30th, 2018, 12:45 PM
if the realm works data on your pc and the RW cloud is up to date, you should be able to delete your master.realm file on the surface and then re-sync. Finding your master.realm is usually in a directory similar to this.

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works

change <user> in the above so it is your user name. If your windows install is to a drive other then C:\ then you may need to change that too.

You might want to back up or rename your master.realm file instead of deleting it.

Last edited by Viking2054; January 30th, 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Viking2054 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 30th, 2018, 12:54 PM
To add to what Viking2054 said, you can get there by pasting "%APPDATA%\LWD Technology, Inc" (without the quotes) into the address bar of the File Explorer. Rename the Realm Works folder you'll find there, then start Realm Works.

If it works, you can delete the renamed Realm Works folder afterwards.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote