Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

the_redbeard

Old February 20th, 2018, 07:41 PM
When I use "Create Contained Topic" it would be helpful if RW was aware of what other topics are in the container.

For example, I have a container of game sessions for a group, and if I right-click and choose 'create contained topic', it would be helpful if RW noticed that every other topic in that container is a game session (or whatever) and have that be the default of the new topic instead of the last topic created.
the_redbeard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 21st, 2018, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_redbeard View Post
When I use "Create Contained Topic" it would be helpful if RW was aware of what other topics are in the container.

For example, I have a container of game sessions for a group, and if I right-click and choose 'create contained topic', it would be helpful if RW noticed that every other topic in that container is a game session (or whatever) and have that be the default of the new topic instead of the last topic created.
+1 to this for sure since anything that saves clicks is good for my old fingers
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 21st, 2018, 10:40 AM
-1 from me

This would be totally counter to how I, personally, do things.

In my realms, most of my containers do not contain a single type of topic. For example, I have Fort Whistler(Settlement) containing NPC List (Cast List containing NPCs), Walsh Estate (Adventure Area containing numerous Locations), Places in Whistler (Place List containing numerous Locations, Merchants (containing NPCs), A Geographical Region and Numerous Urban Regions)

So this would result in program confusion and extra steps from me when assigning contained topics
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:37 AM
+1 for this.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old February 24th, 2018, 06:00 AM
How about if you allowed a setting for the container that allowed you to specify a default topic type? If you included a 'no default' setting so it behaved normally, then it might be the best solution. Anyway, I wouldn't leave it up to whatever was already in the container, but make it a user selection probably by right clicking on the container and setting a preference.
Viking2054 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 26th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
How about if you allowed a setting for the container that allowed you to specify a default topic type? If you included a 'no default' setting so it behaved normally, then it might be the best solution. Anyway, I wouldn't leave it up to whatever was already in the container, but make it a user selection probably by right clicking on the container and setting a preference.
There isn't really a concept of a "container" type of topic. The "Cast List" topic is only used as a container because the name of the topic is "Cast List".

I much prefer the dialog to remember my last selected choice. However I would also like it to remember if I was adding it as a child to the current topic (which always gets reset to "no parent").

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote