Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kunger00

Old October 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hey there... I'm fairly new to HeroLab and extremely new to the editor... I've done the tutorials, but, as always, I seem to want to do something that is, well, not simple.

In my campaign we have firearms. All firearms are covered by a single Exotic Weapon Prof (Firearms).

I've added weapons, etc... and keep running into the fact that I can't make an exotic weapon proficiency "group" akin to the "all martial weapons" or "all simple weapons"

I've tried to create a "firearm" weapon and then have all the individual weapons act as that (I can't recal the button for it on the weapon tab... something like Weapon Group)

Any ideas? Need more info on what I'm trying to accomplish? What I've tried?

For the record, I know nothing about scripts.

Perhaps the wonderful developers could make an "Advanced" tutorial on something like this?

Keith
kunger00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm currently working on the editor documentation, although this sort of thing wasn't on my list, yet.

In the meantime, just make all your firearms exotic weapons, and select the weapon you're interested in in the normal exotic weapon proficiency. If you want your character to use more than one type of firearm, use the "Weapon Proficiency" adjustment on the adjustment tab to add the others you need.

BTW, here's a two-year old thread from the d20 forum about adding firearms:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...hlight=firearm - this method requires scripting, but does mean that one feat works for all firearms.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote