Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sphynx

Old December 13th, 2015, 11:45 PM
I ran into some problems this weekend when I insisted that the players use the hero-lab sheets I printed for them. We had spent far too much time looking through books about how many attacks, etc... they'd get and I wanted a clear sheet with the attacks on it.

Now, I have 2 players, a Two-Weapon Fighter and a Board-n-Sword Paladin, who have two-weapons. We were about half-way through a combat when I realized they were getting too many attacks, and that one was using the wrong stats on the sheet (he used the top-numbers instead of the "Main w/ light off"). The Boots of Speed being turned on, showed an extra attack on 'both' weapons.

My suggestion... since I understand why the haste would be on both (for example, a Shield Mastery preferring to use the Shield over the Longsword with his haste). Can we use colors in the pdf layout? Maybe a dark-red for the Haste, so we can see that it's a haste attack?

Similarly, we can see that someone's Charisma is 21/25 (due to a headband), couldn't we do something similar for other addendums? Would make it so the Paladin didn't need 2 sheets if the Smite Evil bonuses were listed as an addendum like this (with the checked way of holding it set as a primary usage):

+4 holy keen cold iron Name of Weapon
Main hand w/ light off: +21/+21/+16/+11 1d6+10 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil
(*Note: +3 to all attacks and +12 to all damage when benefiting from Smite of Evil)

Main hand: +23/+23/+18/+13 1d4+10 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil
Both Hands: +23/+23/+18/+13 1d4+13 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil
Main with offhand ...
Offhand ... etc...

+4 light bashing Name of Shield
Offhand: +23/+23/+18/+13 1d4+10 plus 1d6 fire
(*Note: +3 to all attacks and +12 to all damage when benefiting from Smite of Evil)

Main hand: +23/+23/+18/+13 1d4+10 plus 1d6 fire
Main w/ offhand: +23/+23/+18/+13 1d4+13 plus 1d6 fire
etc...

If we can't do color, maybe something else like parenthesis around the haste attack and still the 1st line being the checked method, and a line-space between the checked method and the optional methods? Such as:

+4 holy keen cold iron Name of Weapon
Main hand w/ light off: (+21/)+21/+16/+11 1d4+10 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil

Main hand: (+23/)+23/+18/+13 1d4+10 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil
Both Hands: (+23/)+23/+18/+13 1d4+13 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 vs evil
Main with offhand ...
Offhand ... etc...

Anyhows, just a suggestion, for now I'll use a yellow high-lighter on their next printouts and make sure their correct attacks are highlighted... Maybe a blue highlighter to identify the haste attack (bonus attack from Ki Pool as green or something, etc, etc...)

Last edited by Sphynx; December 14th, 2015 at 02:42 AM.
Sphynx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote