Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Sendric

Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:32 AM
Per the community bug thread:

Quote:
The Half-Dragon template is not correctly applying the Dragon Type to characters in hero labs. As a result, it is giving back prerequisite errors when dealing with dragon feats/spells/abilities and dragonblood feats/spells/abilities.
This is actually something of a rampant issue with the various templates from MM1. Some of them have been fixed in the community set, but others haven't (such as this one). I could create a fix in the community set for this as well, but it would be temporary.

Last edited by Sendric; October 3rd, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
Sendric is offline   #21
TobyFox2002

Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:46 AM
I am not sure, this issue could simply be a coding problem. But it did make me aware of another issue that is most definitely not a community bug.

The following code also seems to count TEMPLATES, which I don't think it should.

Code:
      var SorcLvl as number
      SorcLvl = #totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race]
It also made me aware that the 6 CLASS MAX that hero labs has seems to incorrectly give a too many class message when you have templates added to your character. In essence it is counting each template as a separate class, which I don't think is quite correct.

If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #22
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I am not sure, this issue could simply be a coding problem. But it did make me aware of another issue that is most definitely not a community bug.

The following code also seems to count TEMPLATES, which I don't think it should.

Code:
      var SorcLvl as number
      SorcLvl = #totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race]
It also made me aware that the 6 CLASS MAX that hero labs has seems to incorrectly give a too many class message when you have templates added to your character. In essence it is counting each template as a separate class, which I don't think is quite correct.

If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize.
I don't think that has anything to do with the community stuff. Can you re-post that in the official d20 thread. I can try and take a look at that for next release as that would really mess things up on characters...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23
TobyFox2002

Old October 3rd, 2014, 12:59 PM
the offical d20 thread which one.. I thought this was the one for d20 bugs.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #24
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 3rd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
the offical d20 thread which one.. I thought this was the one for d20 bugs.
LOL sorry it has been a long week and I got confused which thread I was in. Thanks for the bug report.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25
Bloodwolf

Old October 31st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for MM1 bugs since they are core but I've been adding monsters for the Summon Monster spells so that I can transfer them to d20 Pro and I've been finding some bugs. I'll have to reopen some of my others to get them all but here is one.

I create a Huge Viper Snake and it asks me to pick a weapon for Weapon Focus. A huge viper has Bite as its focus so I hit that. Then it turns the weapon tab red and the warning says that Weapon Focus Animal Bite has been picked twice. But there is only one Weapon Focus feat up.
Bloodwolf is offline   #26
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for MM1 bugs since they are core but I've been adding monsters for the Summon Monster spells so that I can transfer them to d20 Pro and I've been finding some bugs. I'll have to reopen some of my others to get them all but here is one.

I create a Huge Viper Snake and it asks me to pick a weapon for Weapon Focus. A huge viper has Bite as its focus so I hit that. Then it turns the weapon tab red and the warning says that Weapon Focus Animal Bite has been picked twice. But there is only one Weapon Focus feat up.
This is technically a community bug since most, if not all, of the MM1 monsters have been added this way. Looks like when the bite weapon was bootstrapped, it was given the Weapon Focus tag so when you add it with the feat it creates an error. It should probably be removed from the bootstrap. I'll make a note. Might also be others. Thanks for the report.
Sendric is offline   #27
Bloodwolf

Old November 1st, 2014, 12:19 PM
Cool. I'll put the rest that I find over there. I have noticed that a lot of them get Simple and Martial weapon feats when they don't normally have them. I don't think it is a big deal because the ones that I have seen it on don't have hands or wouldn't normally use weapons. Do you want me to add them there too?
Bloodwolf is offline   #28
Sendric

Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Cool. I'll put the rest that I find over there. I have noticed that a lot of them get Simple and Martial weapon feats when they don't normally have them. I don't think it is a big deal because the ones that I have seen it on don't have hands or wouldn't normally use weapons. Do you want me to add them there too?
Sure. Any bugs you find you can write up. Thanks!
Sendric is offline   #29
Lonewolf147

Old November 29th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Hey all, found an issue with the Solar.
When loading the Angel, Solar up as a new character, I get this error message:

Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists Locaion: ‘creation’ script for Component ‘BaseWep’ near line 17

I have Lawful_G 1.14 installed. The only options I have selected are Lawful G's Custom, Lawful G's Hidden, DMG, and Monster Manual 1.

Talking with Sendric, he feels there is probably an underlying error somewhere and suggested I post it here to be looked at.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #30
Closed Thread